I need some help....

Options
love0809
love0809 Posts: 21 Member
I just started 30 day shred last Wednesday and i need some support....I want to get down to 145 and right now im 160 i was 158...But i don't know if im doing some thing wrong or what....I use 3 pound weights when i do the 30 day shred....but i need some help...so plez can somebody help me..I just want to know what else i should be doing...

I feel like im going to fail on working out and i won't lose anything:( I have a problem where i have to weigh my self all day and if it get's to be like 162 or 163 i feel like im failing and im never going to lose...I know it sounds stuiped

And i have not logged in my food on here because i don't know how to....and i know that sounds stuiped to:( sorry

But im 22 and i have two kids 4 and 2 years old..iv had two c-sections...I just need some support...I have no friend's to get that from...so im hoping i can get some from here...
sorry about the spelling im not good at it:(

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It's not unusual to put on a couple of pounds when you start a new exercise routine because sore muscles absorb water to help them heal. Make sure you're drinking lots of fluids and you should see the scale move in the right direction soon!
  • love0809
    Options
    Thank you I need that...:)
  • Vic_of_Steel
    Vic_of_Steel Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    The 30day shred is a good workout but you aren't going to see a huge change if that is all you are doing. So I would suggest adding that to whatever else you do. Also if you weigh yourself all day it's going to fluctuate. So be prepared to see a 2-3lb weight change but it isn't necessarily bad. If seeing that makes you feel like a failure than you should probably stop that and try once every few days or once a week. MFP is a great place for support and advice so you have come to the right place. The people are wonderful here.
  • love0809
    Options
    Thanks im going to do that...Like what else should i be doing..I don't have money to go to the gym...So like what should i do at home?
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Stop weighing yourself and just keep working out.

Long term happiness won't depend on the scales
  • caegem
    caegem Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Grab your kids and WALK.........there is a cool app called edomondo that is free to download on your smart phone, its kinda cool to see how many miles you can log! Go as fast as you can and you will soon see a huge difference! Great for the body and the soul!!
  • kazala
    kazala Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Firstly, don't be so hard on yourself, you're spelling is fine & you don't sound stupid :)
    Losing weight is stressful & you've definately come to the right place for support. I would agree with the above poster, you won't lose loads just doing shred. I did it in April & only lost 5lb. However, I did lose 6.5 inches in total so get a tape and measure yourself, you'll see much better results. If you want to add in more cardio I do Leslie sansome walk at home DVD , which I found for free on YouTube. Look it up, its 5 miles walking in front of the tv! Easy! I burn loads of calories when I do it. And it's free! Treats!
    Good luck! X
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    It's not unusual to put on a couple of pounds when you start a new exercise routine because sore muscles absorb water to help them heal. Make sure you're drinking lots of fluids and you should see the scale move in the right direction soon!

This ^^^. I just post on here "weight v's clothes size". You may not lose any weight at all, you may lose some fat and gain some muscle and become thinner but weigh more - don't get too disheartened by the scale. Take measurements and try on a particular pair of trousers that fit snuggle now - and then try them on every week/fortnight and see how they fit - you'll probably notice the difference in your clothes more before you do on the scale and the tape measure.

good luck. x
  • chase7512
    chase7512 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I would take a few minutes to figure out how the tracking calories works on here, because that is def your first step managing calories if you go to www.google.ca and type in "at home exercises" you will have a wealth of knowledge come pouring in for at home routines. A good one would be www.bodyrock.tv or a good cardio would be to look into Couch25k (tried it and lost 60lbs from it alone)

Also when you start getting down to the last few pounds (within a healthy BMI) I would then ditch the scale, continue your exercise and nutrition, but start being more concerned with body fat% vice lbs.

Hope this helps
    You can add me if you have other questions in the future
    Cheers,
  • XxOMG_ITS_PINKxX
    Options
    Don't give up!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Thanks im going to do that...Like what else should i be doing..I don't have money to go to the gym...So like what should i do at home?

If you have the cash to buy a dvd - I just got Jillian Michael's 'Banish Fat, boost Metabolism' it is a crazy kick *kitten* workout - you are literally dripping with sweat - but it's great fun too.

x
  • kazala
    kazala Posts: 115 Member
    Options

If you have the cash to buy a dvd - I just got Jillian Michael's 'Banish Fat, boost Metabolism' it is a crazy kick *kitten* workout - you are literally dripping with sweat - but it's great fun too.

x

This is also on YouTube for free! I am currently doing this too and agree is a fab workout x
  • XbeckaX
    XbeckaX Posts: 4
    Options
    please everyone who can't afford the gym, try downloading tiffany rothe workouts on youtube, she's great and its all free and easy to follow and do at home x
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I agree that you should be looking beyond a 30 day shead. T o lose in a short time you have to have a cardio workout also. A regular brisk walk or a mild jog. Jogging is the quickest way to reduce, but I don't know if it is possible with the kids. If you can jog, start by walking to loosen up and the jog, when you get tierd then go back to walking. a walking then jogging is ideal, but maybe not possible for you!!

Basil
  • debobrien1
    debobrien1 Posts: 95
    Options
    I had to have my girls hide my scale... I was weighing myself way too often. Once a week max is plenty! Make sure you are drinking lots of water! You can do this...you're off to a great start!!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    lol. well, if you're southern, you can preface everything with "bless your heart" haha

your weight goes up and down all throughout the day. if you like to weigh yourself everyday, do it once in the morning when you first wake up and go to the bathroom, and before you eat/drink anything

3lb weights are good for now, but consider heavier weights when those get too easy for you

try logging your food the day before you eat it and see if that works out for you

make sure you're drinking plenty of water as well

you should fine.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    The number on the scale is not always what is seems.. mostly when doing weights, coz muscle can add weight...
    I understand your pain: I was always between 120 to 130 and then I began anxiety pills (they make you take some weight), met a boy who ate only crap food... now that all is weel, no pills, walks and healthy food, I can't see nothing going down... wow, I do a depression every time I try to shop for clothes!
    But hey! Sonner or later , we will do it!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    A few important things to note are that whenever you work out with any activity that stimulates muscles, the number on the scale will be really erratic and unreliable for the first month or so. In doing one week of Insanity, I GAINED 7 lbs (water retention mainly from muscle-intensive exercise) but lost a pants size. So if you want to go through with this you need to understand weight is NOT health, it is NOT fitness, it is NOT how you look, and it will lie to you.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 19, as of day 15, I'd lost 8 total inches. I gained 3 pounds for the first week, then dropped 6. I remeasure and weigh tomorrow. Feel free to add me if you want to see what I eat -- it's around 1,600 a day. And for the record I do nothing else workout-wise, and if you are doing the program like you are supposed to (pushing yourself and keeping up with routine) you will see a pretty obvious difference in your body.
  • lucindapc
    lucindapc Posts: 8
    Options
    Remember that you will weigh less in the morning than you do in the evening. Do not be hard on yourself as it may dampen your spirits. Doing something is better than doing nothing! You will be working muscles that haven't been worked before so they will need fluid and energy to heal. It may take a couple of days/workouts to see a difference on the scale but do not rely on the scales as a measurement of how well you are doing as muscle will weigh more as you build it. The best way of telling is if you feel better in yourself, and the proof will be in your clothes! Keep up with what works for you and stay strong
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!