Quick Breakfast Ideas Please

Options
Mornings are such a rush in our house, sometimes I forget about breakfast.

Does anyone have some breakfast ideas that are quick to make and yummy? :smile:

Replies

• thisisjl
    thisisjl Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    1. Yogurt So many options to choose from there for flavors
    2. fiber/protein bars and a piece of fruit.
    3. Bowl of cereal. Cherrio's with 3 strawberries cut up into is really nummy.
    4. If you are looking for something hot how about a warm soft tortilla shell with egg (I use 1 whole egg and an egg white you can scramble and cook it in the microwave) and small amount of cheese topped with a drizzle of taco sauce tastes wonderful.
    5. Oatmeal you can add in dried berries for additional flavor can be made in just a couple minutes if you get the instant kind.

All of these can be made and sometimes eatten in 5 minutes or less.
  • varulv
    varulv Posts: 21
    Options
    if you want quick smoothies are where its at. you need protein in the morning so invest in a good whey protein or soy protein power that you like the taste of. buy bananas and you can either toss them into the blender at room temperature or freeze them like i do which when blended gives the smoothie a very smooth and far less crunch consistency.

i usually make mine as follows:
    1/2 or 1 banana frozen
    one scoop chocolate whey
    6-8 ice cubes
    1 cup water

PS drinking cold drinks forces your body to work harder to maintain body temperature and effect expends more of the energy in the food you just ate instead of storing it
  • jcookRN20
    jcookRN20 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 100% addicted to steel cut oats! If you make the night before, all you have to do is warm it up! I make enough to last me the week. SOOO yummy and keeps you full until lunch. (I add fruit and nuts to mine to add sweetness and bulk).
  • jeskate
    jeskate Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Mornings are such a rush in our house, sometimes I forget about breakfast.

Does anyone have some breakfast ideas that are quick to make and yummy? :smile:

I mix a cup of muesli with a yoghurt cup - yum! I look forward to my muesli mornings :)
  • XxCapnFitnessxX
    Options
    make your own chex mix the night before, mix some cherios, some granola, dried fruit, ect but make sure that the fruit isnt processes but its organic because i learned it makes a difference on the fullness you fell through out the day, i hope i could help :)
  • hunter624
    hunter624 Posts: 252
    Options
    Boil acouple of eggs the night before. " Go to work on an egg!"
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I'm 100% addicted to steel cut oats! If you make the night before, all you have to do is warm it up! I make enough to last me the week. SOOO yummy and keeps you full until lunch. (I add fruit and nuts to mine to add sweetness and bulk).

I do this as well. Cook some up while I'm cooking something else and keep it in the fridge.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Gnc lean 25 rich chocolate shakes... 200 calories, 25 grams of protein, 17carbs/6fiber, and 3 grams of fat... 2 scoops in 12 oz of water, shaker bottle and go. I shake it on my way out the the door nearly everyday, and drink it on my way to work in the car. Super tasty too.
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I will make a batch of muffins and freeze them. All you have to do is pop one in the microwave and you're good to go! I also make steel cut oats (with chopped apple, blueberries, and topped with some sliced almonds) and freeze containers of it. Thaw out the night before!

:smile:
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I make a 'zucchini slice' on a sunday night, cut it up and wrap it up, and then heat once I'm at work.

This week's recipe:
    500g Grated zucchini
    500g Grated carrot
    1x Chopped onion
    1 can corn
    50g shredded ham
    425g tuna in oil (drained)
    150g red kidney beans
    1 cup plain flour
    6 eggs

Mix it all up and cook in a baking dish for about an hour. Cut it up, store in the fridge, and eat whenever you want!! This recipe makes 8, is filling, and is choc-full of all the good stuff!!
  • rgshudson
    rgshudson Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks everyone, some really great ideas there which I will certainly try :smile:
  • tarheelteacher
    tarheelteacher Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    fat free yogurt, blueberries, 1 tblsp ground flax seed....under 150 calories and I do not get hungry for about 4 more hours.
  • Biffybeans1
    Biffybeans1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    1 cup Unsweetened Plain Almond Milk
    1/2 T. Natural Peanut Butter
    2 T. Hershey Sugar Free, Fat Free Chocolate Syrup

Mix all together with immersion blender and drink! It's very filling. It's like drinking a Reese's peanut butter cup! If you have a banana you can also add 1/3 banana.

Without banana: 100 calories, 7g total fat, 1g sat. fat, 2g poly. fat, 4g mono. fat, 0 chol., 296mg sodium, 60mg. potassium, 8g total carbs, 2g fiber, 0g sugar,and 3g protein.
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My breakfasts are nearly always super quick. At the moment, my favourite consists of a toasted bagel (wholemeal or cinnamon and raisin) with a small bowl of berries or fruit. Quick, keeps me going and nutritious!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is always Greek yogurt but the past few days I have been having Kefir.