specific fat area

Options
Hi all. Soo, I am at an okay weight for my height (5'1-2"ish, 118 pounds), normal BMI (22.5) and all that jazz. Even look acceptable in a bikini. HOWEVER, the back of my upper legs (hams) are disgusting. There is like all of this awkward excessive fat and cellulite on them. They do not fit on my body and I need help with getting rid of them. I know you cannot spot reduce, but seriously have gotten down to a weight where people are concerned (10 pounds less) and I still have these chunk masters. They are even fine in front. Some days I wake up and will not even wear shorts. Suggestions???

Replies

• amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    At this point, you are probably going to have to work on lowering your body fat percentage to see a change in your thighs. I am at the same point--5'3" and 18 lbs--but I store extra fat at my waist and hips instead of my thighs. Sooooo, you can lift heavy, eat a slight calorie deficit, and work on adding muscle and reducing or you can deal with the problem area and leave it be. Check out the Eat More to Weigh Less group, that's where I'm at right now and I am really hoping that's its the answer to my body fat percentage.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You have to cut body fat. Generally, the best way to do this is eating 20% less than your tdee and doing heavy strength training. Reducing cardio can help the process too. And if you workout 5 days a week then you should eat around 1700 calories. If you are active during the day than you can add 200 calories. You would be active if you were a nurse or teacher.
  • bergsangel
    bergsangel Posts: 131
    Options
    You have to cut body fat. Generally, the best way to do this is eating 20% less than your tdee and doing heavy strength training. Reducing cardio can help the process too. And if you workout 5 days a week then you should eat around 1700 calories. If you are active during the day than you can add 200 calories. You would be active if you were a nurse or teacher.

I am a teacher and a mom of 3...so active in all seasons! Okay, I am working against myself here. I eat below that (mostly) and keep thinking cardio is the answer. Heavy strength training here I come! Any specific things I could try?