Not new - but need more suppport

Options
I started a year and 1/2 ago and by November lost 39 lbs. Put about 10 of it back by Mid - January and the another 10 up to now. I just changed my ticker to reflect the gain and I'm not happy about it. I have about 40 more to go and would love to add some friends with similar goals and ambitions.

I'm fairly active on here - I try to be supportive.

I really do like working out - for the most part......sometimes it's hard to get started but I always feel better when I'm done. I've finished 1 round of Insanity and am on the 3rd week of level 1 again - but got some advice from a new friend to try to mix it up more so I think I'm going to start lifting and running every other day.

Honestly I feel like crap for gaining back 1/2 of the weight that I lost and figured what the he!l, maybe I will open up and get some more friends. I love my friends on my FL and have intentionally kept the list small - I prefer people that will interact w/me and not friend collectors. If we don't fit or talk much, I'll probably delete you - and expect the same.

Warning, I have a f'd up sense of humor and often post things not fitness related. I have a potty mouth and don't often censor what comes out.

I'm 5'6" - 190 lbs looking to get about 150 - or stop whenever I feel comfortable.

I feel like this is an introduction on ok cupid or something. Very strange.

Replies

• robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me ~ I'm on here most days and try and give support back.
  • Chubbud1
    Chubbud1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You sound like my kind of friend my dear. Feel free to add me. Im in a fitness funk also. it's been flippin hot around here and Ive got a lot of stress in trying to sell my house also. Working out is the LAST thing on my mind to be honest. Im watching what I eat and imputting calories like crazy on here. If youd like to have some cheer, or at least someone to have a potty mouth at, feel free to add me. Best of luck!
  • Ajmead
    Ajmead Posts: 56
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • MelissaRene85
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm on here everyday and super motived/supportive.
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I could always use more humor. Been at this weight loss thing for about 7 months now. Started with the 4 hour body by Tim Ferriss (low carbs, high protein) and stalled for about 8 weeks after quickly losing 25 lbs. The weight is coming off much slower now and I'm working my way into cardio or other ways of toning/tightening.

I still have another 60 or so pounds I would like to lose, so I'll take all the support I can get.
  • LrdTwitchyMcChin
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am 5'4" and 223 lbs looking to get to 130-150 (depends where I feel the healthiest). I am very active on this site and I too was doing Insanity. I had to put that on hold due to injuring my ankles during my last workout, but I am starting Hip Hop Abs tonight (Shaun T has got to be my favorite workout video instructor). Also, I keep my food diary open to my friends because I think it helps give people menu ideas too. :)
  • ewhirly02
    ewhirly02 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It's okay. We all have our ups and downs sometimes. You're obviously motivated or you wouldn't be here! Feel free to add me if you'd like!

Good luck!!! You can do this!
  • Barbellsandthimbles
    Barbellsandthimbles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You're more than welcome to add me! I'm 189 wanting to get down to about 160...
  • superpapa16
    superpapa16 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm mid way through Month 1 of my 2nd round of Insanity. I'm finding it difficult to keep motivated with the videos. I'm still losing at a decent rate, but I know I *have* to get back into a better routine. I too have a messed up sense of humor... I just don't share it much on MFP... feel free to add me!
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, just needed to vent. I feel better already......forgot to add, I drink too much booze. That might be part (ahem,,, most) of the problem.
  • samairon
    samairon Posts: 46
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • Karen5732
    Karen5732 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me , I understand about the booze thing !!!:drinker:
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Ok, I thought we were a pretty good match before your last post, but now I think we're twins that were separated at birth. I'm 5'2", CW 165, looking to getting to approx. 135. I'm lacking a bit of motivation to exercise, and am definitely drinking too many calories. I could also use the support - please feel free to add me. :happy:
  • MamaHach
    MamaHach Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Request sent.. I'm part of the booze club, too! :drinker:
  • Makay1
    Makay1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Your post says pretty much the same as I've been thinking about myself! Feel free to add me....I'm about the same height/weight as you. We can push one another!
  • purplegherkin
    purplegherkin Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like, I just posted a very similar topic! :) Send a message if you add me please :)
  • Makay1
    Makay1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Me too! Weekends with family/friends kill me!
  • Night3
    Night3 Posts: 5
    Options
    This is a club I need to join. Happy hours, eating out, etc are prime drinking/socializing time and it's SUPER hard to say no. Who wants to count calories when all you want is a cold beer from working out ALL week.?.. Does anyone else crave a beer after 3 consecutive days of working out? I never knew how good beer tasted until I started doing really hard workout and cutting out carbs during the week. ugh...
  • maybebaby40
    Options
    Hi

I am in need of new friends- I too keep my list small and will delete people who only take surport and never give back- My diary is open and I will be here awahile as I have almost 100 to go