is cheese bad?

Options
is cheese bad for weight loss? i recently bought some sharp cheddar cheese thats been staring me down the last week.. i know anything in excess is bad, but will cheese just cause fat build up?

Replies

• unknownjae
    Options
    Cheese is high in calories so if you're watching your calories then it will use up a lot of them in a relatively small amount of food.
  • Twiztedbeing
    Twiztedbeing Posts: 389
    Options
    I would not say its horrible every once in awhile and if you need a few extra calories to your daily diary, then they are a small food source with good calories.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    If you ask me... cheese is freaking delicious! I eat it EVERY day!
  • kristi321
    kristi321 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I love cheese too. I stick with low fat shredded mozzarella for my egg white omelets. Otherwise I buy the cheese sticks that are pre-portioned.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    cheese is glorious, amazing, and fricking perfect.
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    cheese is glorious, amazing, and fricking perfect.

Agreed! I lost 75lbs years ago low carbing, and that diet was very cheese heavy. Personally, I say it just depends on your caloric intake. I use it when I want, and don't when it isn't really necessary.
  • StrawberrySt
    StrawberrySt Posts: 235
    Options
    NO!! Cheese is delicious and it's all about moderation. If you have a good quality cheese you don't need to smother your food with it to get a great flavour. Cheese is a 'sometimes food' :smile:
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    No, cheese is not bad. Eating a whole block of cheese is bad. If you are lactose intolerant its probably not a good idea, but no cheese in it of itself is not bad. Moderation is key to everything.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    i eat cheese every day and lose weight, it is high in calories and sodium, a lot of Swiss cheeses are naturally low in sodium, so its good to like Swiss cheese
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    That would be a trigger food for me that I would over eat if I had it at home, but I love it and have it in controlled settings. We brought some to the beach last week and had cheese and crackers with fruit for lunch - which was FABULOUS - plus being in a bathing suit helps you keep to your portion control promises - TRUST me!
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Moderation is the key. If you're having three cheese cheese topped with cheese and a side of cheese, that might be too much cheese. I noticed that Applebee's has a tendancy to do that.
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    Cheese is not bad, just work it into your calories for the day. MODERATION!
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Thin slices of Havarti on slices of a Gala apple! DIVINE!!!!
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I have some every day on my omelet.
  • kiddoc88
    kiddoc88 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Just as with any food, too much isn't a good thing, and of course some are better than others ( e.g aged cheddar from a local creamery vs. cheez whiz.