Is anyone else a diabetic?

Options
I am diabetic and have been most of my life. (Juvenile) I have heard that it is harder for diabetics to lose weight, and that the more insulin you take , the more fat your body will hold on to. Is this true?

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Here, try this group :) They're very very nice!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/46897-diabetes-support-group-part-1
  • khoolette
    khoolette Posts: 73
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that site with me!
  • RXchic
    RXchic Posts: 47
    Options
    I am diabetic and have been most of my life. (Juvenile) I have heard that it is harder for diabetics to lose weight, and that the more insulin you take , the more fat your body will hold on to. Is this true?

Yes, unfortunately it is true that many diabetic treatments can inhibit weight loss. It doesn't mean that it can't be done, but it makes it more challenging. Be sure to talk with your doctor who should be able to help you. As you can see from the diabetes support link... you are not alone! :flowerforyou:
  • kaliparker
    Options
    This is true but, there are ways to remedy it. When a diabetic takes more insulin it puts our liver into overdrive putting out more and more sugar into your body. With nowhere to go your body stores the sugar which eventually results in weight gain. But when I went to my doctor with this problem he gave me an easy solution. I just take two prescribed pills with my dinner every day. These pills control the sugar the live puts out.
  • jiveleigh
    Options
    Do you know what the medication is that he prescribed to you? I would love to ask my doctor about it, and it would help to have a specific name.

Many thanks!