opinions please :)

Options
has anyone used a gazelle? my parents gave me one and its pretty much all I've got right now... no gym membership and still waiting on my 30 day shred to come in the mail. i have resistance bands and use those quite a bit.. but the gazelle is the only machine i have access to at the moment. there's barely any resistance and it feels like Im not getting anything done. to burn off only 22 calories took 10 mins whereas on an elliptical 2 mins burned 40.

just looking for opinions on the gazelle. i know a little of anything is better than nothing but it gets super boring and its way too easy... i just dont know if it really helps or not.

Replies

• jshea313
    jshea313 Posts: 8
    Options
    bump :)
  • sapienti
    sapienti Posts: 17
    Options
    don't trust the calorie counter on ther, get a heart rate monitor and save the gazelle for winter, get a cheap bicycle for summer!

-Dan
  • spartangirl79
    spartangirl79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'd think power walking would be more fun and more effective than the Gazelle, but I've never used one.

Tony Little did NOT get that ripped using the Gazelle. LOL
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    First thing that came to mind when I read the first line was....you have a Gazelle??? I mean a REAL Gazelle. Just a random thought
  • yojaseyrae
    yojaseyrae Posts: 38
    Options
    i did this too :/
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    lol I got one from my parents too. they bought it and it collected dust for years. I really like it. It's easy on my knees. you should be burning more calories than that, little amount. I was burning about 450 cal. in 30 minutes, but I weigh 220 lbs. Plus I'd be pouring down in sweat too. The calorie counter on mine is busted, I use this site to calculate my calories burned. http://www.fatburn.com/free_tool_activity_burn.asp Just scroll down to gazelle in the drop down menu and add your weight of course.
  • betsz1
    betsz1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    If you're bored it won't work no matter how hard you try to like it! Maybe try walking...it's free!! lol
  • jshea313
    jshea313 Posts: 8
    Options
    thanks everyone! i thought 22 was an awfully small amount as well, thanks for the website. ill try that next time. I've been coming to my parents house as much as i can to use their elliptical until i get paid and get my membership. the only reason i get bored on the gazelle is because its too easy. i dont feel like Im getting anything done, there's absolutely no challenge to it.

but again, thanks everybody for your advice/thoughts/opinions!
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I had one.. honestly I didn't like it, it felt like I wasn't doing anything! It IS better than doing nothing though =) Use it during any free time you have. Tighten up your ab's while you use it.. give you a little bit more of a work out.