I screwed up bad :(

Options
MandiS80
MandiS80 Posts: 127 Member
I was at Walmart getting a new scale... and with McDonalds being right in there I caught a whiff of my favorite... Chicken Nuggets.
I couldn't resist and it has been months since I've had them. So I ordered up the 6 nugget meal... I logged it in my diary knowing it was going to be scary... and it IS!!
Now I have to work my *kitten* off tonight to burn as much off as I can.
Stupid, stupid me grr

Replies

• kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    lol we all do it sometimes but we don't all work it off... and I bet you don't do it again :-) (my weakness is the 600 calorie chocolate milkshake from Chick-fil-A.. mmmmmm)
  • Twiztedbeing
    Twiztedbeing Posts: 389
    Options
    Its all about will power, there are many helpful things that can stop you from doing that, one thing if you have already lost some weight is to keep an old pic in your wallet/purse and look at it to remind you what foods like that can do. Another thing is just to remind yourself that a flat stomach and fit body is much better than any food put in front of you.
  • MandiS80
    Options
    oh man, I'd LOVE a milkshake.
    No I won't be doing it again.... at least anytime soon. The guilt is consuming me now
  • MandiS80
    Options
    Its all about will power, there are many helpful things that can stop you from doing that, one thing if you have already lost some weight is to keep an old pic in your wallet/purse and look at it to remind you what foods like that can do. Another thing is just to remind yourself that a flat stomach and fit body is much better than any food put in front of you.

I completely agree with you.
    I will pay for it tonight when I'm sweating my fat *kitten* off
  • delaney056
    delaney056 Posts: 475
    Options
    Don't worry about it :) It happens to all of us. And like you said, you haven't had them in months. There's nothing wrong with eating your favorite foods every once in awhile. If you feel like exercising to help burn it off, go ahead!
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Nah, you're fine. It happens. After all, it's not like you got drunk and mowed down a group of orphans on their way to volunteer at a hospice.

There are probably actions in this world where all consuming guilt might be warranted. I'm not sure this is one of them :)
  • Twiztedbeing
    Options
    As long as you stay within your calories and saturated fats limit, you should be pretty well off though. The problem with those meals is they are high in both, so you just have to limit the rest of the day if you chose to do it. Also working it off is also the other option if you feel it is worth it.
  • outspan87
    outspan87 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. If you aim to have perfect days every single day, you're bound to be disappointed sooner or later. Instead, look at your calorie consumption over a longer timeframe, e.g. a week. Make sure you create a deficit of 3500 cals a week (if you want to lose 1lb/week) and you'll be fine.
  • sapienti
    sapienti Posts: 17
    Options
    Hey Mandi

Don't feel guilty, junk food is like heroin for many of us. Just reflect on what triggered it, and accept that it was a lapse in control (which happens to the best, y'know) and perhaps set yourself up for the occasional cheat meal either by skimping calories somewhere else. Intentionally getting them, but in a smaller portion and consuming them in a controlled manor will make it less likely for you seek an uncontrolled fix. I always fear the uncontrolled fix, it's like a friggin relapse - that's why we feel guilty.

--Dan
  • Twiztedbeing
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. If you aim to have perfect days every single day, you're bound to be disappointed sooner or later. Instead, look at your calorie consumption over a longer timeframe, e.g. a week. Make sure you create a deficit of 3500 cals a week (if you want to lose 1lb/week) and you'll be fine.

You know I keep seeing the 3500 calories to lose a pound but is the limit that mfp sets for you 500 calories below what you should be taking then? I have been trying to figure it out.
  • AddictedtoAerosmith
    AddictedtoAerosmith Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Well there ya go, at least you logged it! Good job for that! You will have a better day tomorrow, and tonight while you burn baby burn, you'll smile and think it was worth it: :)
  • MandiS80
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone. It definitely helps me feel a little better about this.
  • Twiztedbeing
    Options
    Hey Mandi

Don't feel guilty, junk food is like heroin for many of us. Just reflect on what triggered it, and accept that it was a lapse in control (which happens to the best, y'know) and perhaps set yourself up for the occasional cheat meal either by skimping calories somewhere else. Intentionally getting them, but in a smaller portion and consuming them in a controlled manor will make it less likely for you seek an uncontrolled fix. I always fear the uncontrolled fix, it's like a friggin relapse - that's why we feel guilty.

--Dan

Agree
  • outspan87
    Options
    Nah, you're fine. It happens. After all, it's not like you got drunk and mowed down a group of orphans on their way to volunteer at a hospice.

I did that once. Best. Feeling. Ever.
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Ever get it where you crave it soo badly .. and you get it .. and the first .. bite or two are great .. and by the 4-5th its just self loathing and dissappointment? LOL. I hate that.
  • MandiS80
    Options
    I love this place, you're all so incredibly awesome!!!
  • Travelfixer
    Travelfixer Posts: 139 Member
    Options

There are probably actions in this world where all consuming guilt might be warranted. I'm not sure this is one of them :)

Haha too funny! I don't worry when I eat stuff like that, once in a while is ok, it's not eating it all the time that matters!
  • outspan87
    Options

You know I keep seeing the 3500 calories to lose a pound but is the limit that mfp sets for you 500 calories below what you should be taking then? I have been trying to figure it out.

If you set MFP to a goal of losing 1lb/wk, it already subtracts 500 calories a day. So you just need to worry about hitting the target, not target minus 500.
  • Twiztedbeing
    Options

If you set MFP to a goal of losing 1lb/wk, it already subtracts 500 calories a day. So you just need to worry about hitting the target, not target minus 500.
    Thats what I figured. So as long as I am close/under that amount I should lose 1lb a week, sounds good. I put that I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and when I put in my weight training it did not add any calories, Is this because I added that to the profile?
  • MandiS80
    Options

My daily target is 1400 a day, so I think it works out to be 2 pounds a week. I'm down 15 pounds total so far, but have such a long way to go. That's why the guilt consumed me.
    I'm pretty sure I'm under for the week, but I'm not sure if there's somewhere I can look to see that or if I have to calculate it manually.