Replies

• Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I am doing a circuit type routine that is no equipment, basically I do each exercise for 30 seconds, then rest for 30 seconds, then do the next exercise. Repeat 5 times:
    1. jump squats
    2. pushups
    3. jumping alternating lunges
    4. mountain climbers
    5. burpees
  • geecee77
    geecee77 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    bump for info
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Bump-thanks
    :smile:
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    bumpity bum
  • winninga
    winninga Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mmurelli
    mmurelli Posts: 26
    Options
    Push-ups, planks, dips, lunges, and squats can all be done around the house with no equipment.

my thoughts exactly. these are all great workouts.
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Bonk
  • Dagoth
    Dagoth Posts: 172
    Options
    scoobysworkshop.com
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    P4L
  • DeviantDarkwolf2
    DeviantDarkwolf2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Never underestimate the power of bodyweight exercises. Push ups (heaps of variations to target different muscles e.g v pushups, elevated pushups); Tricep dips (everyone owns a chair or even do them on the floor); Mountain climbers; Frog Jumps; Plank Jacks; Ski Abs; Tuck Jumps; High Knees; Chair Step ups (just make sure chair is sturdy and against a wall); Vertical jumps; Lunges (again plenty of variety to these e.g back leg elevated); Jumping Jacks; Butt kicks; Squats. If you would like some weight added find a sturdy bag and full with 1kg bags of Rice makes for a great sandbag :wink: Also cans are good or even water bottles. Most of all have fun with it mix them up for your very own circuit.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    bump
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

they also have an advanced program, but I can't find it off hand
  • jenncaroon
    jenncaroon Posts: 91
    Options
    bump wow so many options
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'd also recommend a kettle bell, but don't get anything lighter than 10lbs, really any woman who isn't grossly out of shape can start with 15lbs. They aren't dumbbells, don't fall into the trap of buying a toy kettle bell you can do a curl with. I've been working out for less than a month, can only do knee pushups and still use a 20lb kettle bell.

And do make sure you watch several video tutorials for good form, ideally working out in front of a mirror to ensure you're doing it right. For example, a basic kettle bell swing should use your legs and butt, arms shouldn't feel it at all.

I'd also recommend the older BodyRock workouts. You can search for those that use no equipment here: http://litealloy.com/
  • EuroReady
    EuroReady Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to come back to this!
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Here is a post I made to a similar thread. You can get a 40 lb. adjustable set of dumbbells for $30.00, an exercise ball for $10.00 and a pullup bar for $18.00 at walmart and get just as good of workout at home as you can at the gym.
    Here is the program/split. To keep it simple try to do 8 reps for every set. If you can do 10 reps, raise the weight for the next set, if you can only do 7 reps or less ,lower the weight for your next set. Also try to limit your rest periods between sets to between 1 minute and 1 minute and 30 seconds. I choose to do my cardio and abs on my off days but you can mix them in to fit your schedule/ needs etc. Also please dont be intimidated by lifting!! (we all were when we started but quickly realized that there wasnt anything to be scared of)

Thanks for posting the routine...it looks do-able and challenging.
  • 13pointUNO
    13pointUNO Posts: 51
    Options
    bumpage for saveage
  • kamanda85
    kamanda85 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later
    I was about to post this same question... thanks for the advice!

Edit: to fix spelling errors