burning 3500 in a week?

Options
I want to try and burn 3500 in one week, is this possible?
What are some exercises i can do to achieve this?

Thanks

Replies

• Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    For you? A dainty late 20's fem? Maybe a couple hours in the pool each day followed by a 10 mile ruck through a mountain ridge with a 50+lb load ought to do it.

Edit: Oh you said WEEK...Hehe...

3500 in a week is doable 500 a day? That's like 45min elliptical trainer and 20-30 minutes walking on an incline.
  • girlonfire15
    girlonfire15 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It's possible, but difficult. You'd definitely have to have a lot of free time to dedicate to it. I run 30 minutes three times a week, do the 100 push ups/200 sit ups programs three times a week,and do 30 Day Shred six days a week and I still burn under 2,000 per week.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Running ~ 50 miles a week gets me there.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I would say ALOT of cardio will get you there but I think it is difficult. I work out nearly every day and run 3 of those days and still probably don't hit a 3500/week burn.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    500 a day. Totally doable.
    Easier - eat 250 less per day and burn only 250. Same effect.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Run about 5 miles every day. Or any type of activity that keeps your HR up for an hour or so. I usually burn about 500-600 per bootcamp class, as long as its got cardio-ish stuff in there. When we do mostly weights or strengthening then more like the 400-500.
  • s0jersgirl143
    s0jersgirl143 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    500 a day. Totally doable.
    Easier - eat 250 less per day and burn only 250. Same effect.

This is probably the easiest way, even though you're not exercising a 3500 cal. difference you're still getting the same "burn" on calories by not taking in as many. :)
  • jplucheck
    jplucheck Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I can come close to burning that in one day, definitely possible to do it over a week. Hiking is big for me I can do it for hours on end and usually burn over 500 in 60 mins! good luck!
  • Raw07
    Raw07 Posts: 206
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I wanted to give myself some sort of challenge one week and I knew this would be hard to do :D
  • pmaxson
    pmaxson Posts: 137
    Options
    I regularly burn 3500 to 4500 per week. one hour cardio a day would get you to 3500. During the summer, I often add swimming on top of my regular routine. It is fun to challenge the body! Enjoy.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I went through a couple weeks of my exercise diary. I burn around 5000 calories every week. I do a lot of bike riding.
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    This is not hard at all. Goggle : How to Burn 3,500 Calories a Week. Read the info.
  • jodi41086
    Options
    Im trying this again this week. Last week I missed it by 500 calories burned. so far in 2 days Ive burned about 1200!! Anyone doing this with me this week?
  • anaoliver63
    anaoliver63 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Its doable, I do about 500-700 per day 6 days a week on treadmill, bike or eliptical.
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I want to try and burn 3500 in one week, is this possible?
    What are some exercises i can do to achieve this?

Thanks

zumba can burn up to 800 cals an hour!! and it is fun! Also, I have a body media FIT armband, and I don't know what I would do without it! I can usually have a pretty high deficit because I can see how many cals I'm burning through the day. I think the FitBit does the same? If you have some cash to spare, look into it. One of the best investments I have made :)
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    It's possible, but difficult. You'd definitely have to have a lot of free time to dedicate to it. I run 30 minutes three times a week, do the 100 push ups/200 sit ups programs three times a week,and do 30 Day Shred six days a week and I still burn under 2,000 per week.

It's not difficult AT ALL. An hour a day is all it takes. Sometimes less depending on the work out. Can I spare a measly hour a week to potentially prolong my life and enhance my health and look awesome? UM YEAH.