confuses

Options
WILL lifting heavy make my thighs look bigger or smaller? Confused, everyone saying lift heavy. Yet some say dont if you have big thighs. help!

Replies

• kimberleybabe
    Options
    Doing Cardio workouts and Squats would probably be best for that instead of weights x
  • ellie319
    ellie319 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    because your shorter heavy lifting will cause your legs to look more muscular and possibly bigger.I agree with Kimberly perhaps do medium heavy weights and try long distance running.Bc you have fast twitch muscle fibers which make you ideal for shorter distances (ie sprints) but if you reteach your body you develop your slow twitch muscle fibers giving you the appearance of thinner longer legs.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    because your shorter heavy lifting will cause your legs to look more muscular and possibly bigger.I agree with Kimberly perhaps do medium heavy weights and try long distance running.Bc you have fast twitch muscle fibers which make you ideal for shorter distances (ie sprints) but if you reteach your body you develop your slow twitch muscle fibers giving you the appearance of thinner longer legs.

Saw your profile that you are studying this (MA in human performance in sport). So are you suggesting longer distance running to lose some muscle mass in legs?