20 Year Old Female Trying To Get Into Shape

Options
Hey community! I've had this account for awhile, but this is my first time actually going on the forum. I'm just looking for other people to communicate with to keep me encouraged while on my journey to get fit and in shape. I have a hard time staying committed to this thing. Also, I'm looking for some advice. I'm currently 4' 11'' and weigh around 124 lbs. I'm hoping to lose about ten to fifteen pounds. My friends normally call me misporportioned because I have a small waist but a large bust (32 F large...). I also have big thighs. So when i start to gain weight, those are the first two places it goes to. Is there anyway that I could naturally minimize my bust so it's at least normal size? Any foods to avoid? Best exercises for slimming down thighs? I want to do the best I can to maintain a healthy lifestyle. I'm tired of looking so stubby because of being so short. I hope you can help! :)

Replies

• alliegoderwis
    Options
    Hey girl! First off, you should be so proud of yourself for taking the first step in the journey toward a more healthy lifestyle! I don't know about minimizing breasts- I wear a 34D myself (I'm 5'3, 124 lbs.) and when I lose weight it never starts there. But I do know a lot about a healthy diet and the best workouts. I have a few tips for you...
    1. Eat 5-6 small meals per day, containing mostly lean protein, fruits, and veggies.
    2. Don't spend hours upon hours on a tredmill...if you want to torch calories, you need to do 20-25 minutes of High Intensity Interval Training (jogging, then sprinting, jogging, then walking, etc.). It shocks your body which burns lots of calories!
    3. Strength training 3-4 times per week for just 30 minutes is enough (if it is intense) to get your metabolism going and burning calories for up to 24 hours after a workout!
    4. STAY POSITIVE and visualize your goal!! You can do anything you put your mind to! Stay strong girl you can do it! :)
  • johns0227421
    johns0227421 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    32F? Wow! Well I don't know any ways you can reduce but you're more then welcome to add me as a friend if you want. I'm on here every - well almost every day :-) Just be sure to log everything and stay under your calorie goal and you should see results.
  • 37CPerry
    37CPerry Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there ikareterukon. Congrats on getting at it! I agree whole heartily with alliegoderwis. She is talking about high intensity interval training (HIIT). If you are interested in knowing more specifically what you can do to follow her advise, I would recommend reading "Body for Life" by Bill Phillips. He wrote this book nearly 12 years ago and it still holds true and is in line with all of today's scientific studies. There is always more than one way to get things done, but it is simple and easy to follow. It also teaches you good habits for and new life style as you move along. I started following the body for life changes on 05/28/2012 and am currently down 23lbs and I am never hungry. I eat 5-6 times a day and have learned to eat good...and it's easy. I can even find what I want to eat when I go out to eat with my family. Most places will substitute steamed vegetables for pasta or potatoes, wheat bread or shells for flour, and wheat pasta for regular. I get most meals and salads with dressing and/or sauces on the side, as I still like the flavor, but I want to control the amount. Take a peek at his book or at least his website (all the resources there are free), and feel free to ask me whatever you'd like. Good luck and keep at it....it gets easier as you go.
  • ikareterukon
    Options
    Thanks for the advice 37CPerry and alliegoderwis! I will definitely look into that book and take the advice! Now, is there a time of the day that's best for exercising? I heard that it's best to exercise in the morning while you have nothing in your body, but I'm not entirely sure if that's true or not. Also, what kind of strength training should I do? I'm still new to all this lol.
  • jaymek92
    jaymek92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    The best time to work out is the best time for you. If you can only work out from 2-4 am, workout from 2-4 am. It doesn't really matter that much.
    For your strength training, do compound lifts. Squats, deadlifts, rows, bench presses, shoulder presses. There are all kinds of different programs you can follow, like the New Rules of Lifting for Women or Stronglifts.
    Nobody's mentioned this, so I figure I'll throw it out there: You cannot spot reduce. No matter what you do, your body decides where the fat comes from, not you. You can't lose inches specifically from your thighs or chest unless you have plastic surgery.
    You can add me as a friend if you'd like, too!