Do you eat everything on your plate?

Options
Ok, so I serve myself a plate of vegetables, piece of grilled chicken, and sliced cucumber. A little a-1sauce and glass of water. I finished my plate, now I feel stuffed and am wondering if I am serving myself too much. Chicken was 4 oz, veggies about cup and half.
I am just worried I'm gonna be hungry later.
Not sure how to fix this.

Replies

• saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Sounds like my meals on the weekends...so no
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I serve myself a plate of vegetables, piece of grilled chicken, and sliced cucumber. A little a-1sauce and glass of water. I finished my plate, now I feel stuffed and am wondering if I am serving myself too much. Chicken was 4 oz, veggies about cup and half.
    I am just worried I'm gonna be hungry later.
    Not sure how to fix this.

It's all good food, chow down until satisfied is my advice.
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Serve yourelf less?
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I do. I tend to not eat meals in the daytime, just snacks so my dinner is my only real, proper meal.
    I often have 2 pieces of salmon and up to 500g of vegetables, or like tonight, some spanish omelette, a salmon fillet, bit of cottage cheese, tomato and a pile of broccoli and green vegetables. It is all clean food, the vegetables are relative low in calories, so unless eating until uncomfortably stuffed, I don't see an issue.

I would sooner have a large healthy dinner, than end up having a bad binge later. Plus, I hate going to bed hungry.
  • Allibabalove
    Options
    Put less on your plate. If your satisfied, then that's good and you will have some calories left for later. So if you get hungry in a while, have a healthy snack.
    I like to eat smaller more frequent meals. It works best for me,
  • Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    Options
    Yeah I have thought about serving myself less, but I am afraid of getting more, still being hungry.
  • ajhr
    ajhr Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Try cooking the same amount, but give yourself a smaller serve. Eat your serving, have a glass of water and wait 15 minutes. If you still feel hungry, have a bit more. If not, you now have leftovers for if you get hungry later :)
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I portion control EVERYTHING for a meal, so I eat everything on my plate because I know the exact caloric value for the whole meal. This way , if I clean my plate I don't go over that meal's calorie value. If I don't, I can just subtract what I dint finish. I generally clear my plate though, unless I'm eating in a restaurant.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    a lot of people were brought up learning to finish everything on they are served, whether they want to or not.
    same with wasting food. i can still remember my parents telling me to eat all the food on my plate.
    i believe it is why so many of us are fat/got fat in the first place.

don't be scared of throwing food away! when you're satisfied (not full) stop.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I always plan on eating everything on my plate so it's not a big deal if I do, now that I have portion size under control. I also always eat something if I'm hungry, now that I can recognize real hunger. Lol
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Eat until you don't want to eat anymore lol... I'm confused as to what your question is.
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I eat everything on my plate, but I also use kid-sized bowls, plates, and sometimes even silverware. I thought my dietitian was nuts when she told me this tip, but I tried it, and it works. Your brain thinks "I just ate a whole bowl", but the capacity of that bowl is about half what most standard bowls will hold.
  • jlcl119
    jlcl119 Posts: 51
    Options
    I eat until I'm no longer hungry. Sometimes that involves a clean plate, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it even means seconds! If I have more than a few bites left over of something that'll re-heat relatively well then I save it for later or the next day.

My aims may be different than yours though. My calorie goals aren't strict I use it as a guideline and routinely cycle my calories. I prefer to eat to hunger rather than to number, cycling makes that easier for me.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I portion control EVERYTHING for a meal, so I eat everything on my plate because I know the exact caloric value for the whole meal. This way , if I clean my plate I don't go over that meal's calorie value. If I don't, I can just subtract what I dint finish. I generally clear my plate though, unless I'm eating in a restaurant.

This. I know almost exactly what I can and can't eat for the whole day but I eat a lot of the same stuff everyday so it works out. If you're filling your plate with veggies, you can't go wrong there.
  • Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    Options
    After reading everything I think I am really missing the whole portion control part. I am not good with measuring portions. I think I am going to have to really measure everything and really try to figure out when I am satisfied. I don't know if I know when I am really satisfied. I notice sometimes I just keep eating.

Thanks everyone, I think I have a plan to get this under control. At least I hope.
  • jyuubi
    jyuubi Posts: 109
    Options
    If you're full, stop eating. It's never good to over-stuff yourself. Try to make room for a snack in your diet? That way if you do get hungry, you can have that snack.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I'd go with serving yourself less if you felt too full. I always use small plates because I'll eat everything on my plate
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I serve myself less and don't feel bad about getting small second helpings.
  • Masterdo
    Masterdo Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Once it's all weighted, counted and logged, you can be sure I eat all of it :p
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I refuse to waste food. I'll finish everything even if I'm comfortable. However, I usually eat small portions, so I usually don't end up feeling "stuffed".