Late night snacking

Options
2»

Replies

• pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I eat about 700 calories per night in snacks. ALL after dinner. Check out my diary. Eat WHENEVER you want. Just stay under your calorie count.
  • Arredondo145
    Arredondo145 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It's hard for me too... I love dark chocolate - the kind with 72% or more cocoa. I buy the "good" kind and allow myself one square a day if I have eaten well and have the calories left. It's a small treat, but I look forward to it! I also knit, crochet, scrapbook while watching television in the evenings. It gives my hands and mind something to do until I hit the sack for the night.:smile:
  • crimson_seven
    Options
    I've been snacking on a sliced up unpeeled cucumber. I dip it in assorted salad dressings, as long as I monitor the nutritional content of the dip, of course. I tend to have some leftover calories and fat so I use 1 serving of Wishbone Italian salad dressing (the regular, not light!) because it only lightly coats the cucumbers that I use so little of it anyways. My coworker got me addicted to cucumbers.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    eat dinner later so you won't be hungry.

i like to eat it right before bed. can't snack that way.
  • skippykip
    skippykip Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I go to decaf coffee or tea after my "last allowed snack". Resorting to drinks, even water or crystal light is also a good way to hydrate yourself. :) Best of luck.
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people say late night snacking is terrible, but if I don't, I don't pass 1200 calories. Now that I'm eating healthier, more filling foods with lower calories I am eating less and am fuller longer, so if I don't want to be too far under calorie I have to keep it up. Anyway, I've been having good success with it (I've only been logging for 6 days and down quite a bit) I've just been making sure it's a healthy snack. I know that's not a good tip for stopping, but if you're just beginning and having trouble kicking it, I'd say try healthier foods first. You don't want to be left feeling deprived.