So tired...

Options
Man, I'm so tired! All the time. I hit about 6pm (you know, right around the time I actually sit down) and I just feel like I'm done. Half the time, I space out, and almost fall asleep with my plate in front of me. It sucks because I have great "sleep hygiene". I'm just tired of being tired as soon as I sit down in the evening.

Replies

• bridget5174
    bridget5174 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Do you take vitamins? They might help out. I had the same problem. Exhausted by 6 PM every night. I take a multi vitamin and B12 now. The difference is incredible.
  • grapegirl1
    grapegirl1 Posts: 22
    Options
    Just a thought but are you eating enough? If your cutting too many important calories including and especially fat your body thinks it's starving and slows down everything, metabolism, and thinking, and holds on to fat until the famine is over. So add a bit o butter or olive Oil and my favourite the perfect egg. I keep some hard boiled in the fridge. But all that said I could't wait to go to bed at 7:00 tonight and so went out and raked the lawn and did some laundry and ate some fibre 1 cereal with no milk and a couple of almonds.
    Felt better.
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Bridget, I do. I have a multi and a do a B complex.

grapegirl, I'm sure I'm eating enough. I try not to net (not gross- I could never gross that low) below 1200, and the only fat I keep track of is saturated fats.
  • daringdj
    daringdj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try B100 vitamin. Worked for me!
  • kittyhasclaws
    Options
    The worst part is that I have insomnia issues. Despite being so damn tired, as soon as I go to lay down, my mind just starts racing.
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    Could your iron be low? I was terrible and ended up needing a supplement. I've tried to include more foods high in iron in my diet and have been able to pretty much get rid of the supplement but I can tell when I'm low for sure. Also, you may want to take a look at how many carbs you're eating. Too many can lead to a crash which could be your culprit...maybe take a look at your lunch and afternoon snack. I try to make sure all my meals include a lean protein (snacks too). Just a couple things to check out and hopefully help.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I was going through the same thing for 2 years, as well as getting sinusitis every month without fail. I was starting to think I had chronic fatigue syndrome although my bloodwork didn't show anything being "wrong". Since I started drinking Shakeology at the end of February my energy is MARKEDLY improved and I haven't been sick since the flu in March. I've also gotten many other benefits from it. Let me know if you want more info on it!
  • jaduff
    jaduff Posts: 12
    Options
    I was having similar sleep issues and i have started a slow stretching and meditation routine for 10 -15 min before i get in bed and it really helps me to relax and fall right to sleep.
  • kittyhasclaws
    Options
    elzettel, I should have an iron level check. I've been anemic before, so it would probably be a good idea since I don't think it's a carb crash and I do make sure I've got some form of protein each time I eat.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Took a quick look at your diary - most days don't even net 1200 - and if your calorie burn is accurate, you need to eat more....Your car can't run on fumes, and neither can you....

Also, if you really burn that much through exercise, you are pretty low on protein - try adding a protein shake before bedtime....
  • saniyah1
    saniyah1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey, I went through that and I have insomnia also. I took B-12 and iron , it took about 3 weeks to a month but I felt better. Hope you do too ;)
  • kittyhasclaws
    Options
    jaduff, I've tried meditation. It's actually frustrating for me because I can't shut my stupid brain up to relax. As soon as I get quiet time, my trains of thought derail and my thoughts are running from the wreckage all over the place.
  • kittyhasclaws
    Options
    astrampe, I think it's pretty accurate because I usually cut the actual time I'm doing things in half because I've heard just how high the estimates on MFP can be for exercise. I guess I didn't think I was really netting that low since I have a decent intake.
  • kittyhasclaws
    Options
    Elzettel, I took an iron supplement, and I felt LOADS better.
  • seeled
    seeled Posts: 93
    Options
    if you figure out what works, let me know. I am in the same boat. My husband is always telling me to shut my brain off and go to sleep.I sure wishI knew how to do that!! i do have a vitamin D deficiancy which I am taking vitamins for now sinceI found that would in blood work.