Hi... I'm new...

Options
Hey MyFitnessPal community,
My name is Geninne Bridge and I'm a youth pastor in Pickering, ON, Canada.
I'm at the end of my rope health-wise and realizing that I need to work on my physical body in terms of nutrition and exercise. Self discipline is the name of the game and would appreciate some help from a few folks. My job is sedentary for the most part with spurts of exercise (on program nights) but worse, my diet is horrendous.

I recently purchased INSANITY, I just began to realize how much prep work goes into getting started. I wish it had been as simple as popping in a DVD. But there has been some helpful discussions on here about how 80% of the success of the program is in the diet. So I'm working on changing my eating habits.

Looking forward to chatting and getting to know this online village.

Blessings,
G

Replies

• Dar1356
    Dar1356 Posts: 15
    Options
    Hello All.... just started thanks to my dear friend, Kat.... I have NO Idea what I am suppose to do or how I get started, would appreciate any advice and help..... I am on 1230 calories/day ......:smile:
  • MandiS80
    MandiS80 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You will love the community here.
    I wasn't able to do Insanity at the beginning and started on other programs to get myself stronger first. Don't be discouraged if you find it hard, just plug away and before you know it, you will find it much easier.
    I found Jillian Michaels much easier in the beginning.
    Best of luck to you in your journey to becoming more fit and healthy