New goal; 30 pounds in 16 weeks!

Options
I have decided that I want to try my best to lose 30 pounds in 16 weeks. I already understand that I may not meet the goal but I want to try my butt off! Starting later this week I will need a lot of support cause I have a horrible problem with snacking. Any encouragement will be appreciated as well as some stuff that you ate or did in excercise to help yourselves lose weight.

Thank you all in advance!! :)

Replies

• returntorural
    returntorural Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Let's give it a try!
  • pavingnewpaths
    pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Heck yes!

It's going to take effort, but i'm definitely willing to try.
  • JeanneGreenie
    JeanneGreenie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support :)
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Good luck..that's a pretty aggressive goal.
  • chrissydrske
    chrissydrske Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    you can do it
  • lorarock
    lorarock Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm in. I would be thrilled to lose 20.
    7-2-12 weight 261

let's encourage each other.
  • K1mmer
    K1mmer Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am in too!
    CW 198, GW 178, 20 pounds, 5 pounds per month

Summertime, with all the great fruit and veggies and warm weather- we can so do this!
    Think of all the great fall clothes we can buy!
  • deer37
    deer37 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    hey guys! can i join in too? i am so up for this! that's about 13kgs... so i am totally in.
  • JeanneGreenie
    JeanneGreenie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Of course you can join in too!!! All the support for eachother is better than none! Plus like I said, it is going to be hard for me cause unfortunately I am not a fan of meat and am horrible at snacking :( Looks like a lot of beans are in order for me at dinner time!! lol.
  • heathery1213
    heathery1213 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    did you do it? that is my current exact goal~:smile:
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Most definitely here to support you! I will be working hard with ya.
  • Tanja_CHH
    Tanja_CHH Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Ive got a really similar goal! Because Im going to visit my family who have not seen me in a while and I want to shock them and 30 pounds will put me in normal weight range according to bmi so that was the goal I picked :P
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    when I joined MFP, I lost 30# in 12 weeks! I was not staving myself either. I was eating right and working out and eating back my exercise calories. I worked out to eat more
  • bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    i'm in - a bit frightened to say/set an actual # as that gig has been a bit of a downer in the past - so my goal is to incorporate more activity d/t bum hip, and continue to lose every week, though know that at some point there may be a "normal" plateau or occasional slight increase d//t hormonal variations. Best to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:heart::heart: :heart: :smile:
  • Soloflyergirl2
    Soloflyergirl2 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi. Sounds like an ambitious goal.. Break it down. You want to lose 30 pounds in 16 weeks, or approximately 6 pounds per month, or just under 2 pounds per week. Here are some ideas: Use smaller serving plates. Divide your food plate into protein, carbs, and sugars or fats. Put protein in your breakfast... or wheat toast with a tablespoon of peanut butter. Eat a banana for a morning snack. Start walking. Don't overdo exercise or walking at first, Warm up your muscles. For urges and merges..... buy or cut up carrots and nibble on those instead of chips. Try eating dry Cheerios for a crunchy snack, instead of doritos. Keep walking. Get your eating organized before worrying about much else. Use plastic food containers to build in ready made snacks or meals. Keep walking. Set a goal of walking 2 miles a day..... eventually. Be prepared to have people you love madly sabotage your eating and food plan. Many people here, will tell you. that friends and family freak out from someone who has been overweight and the butt of jokes to escape to the other side. Many people in My Fitness Pal are very sincere in support , information, and understanding. Best wishes. :flowerforyou: