Music.

Options
pavingnewpaths
pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
Music is a huge part of my life and one of the main things that has the ability to motivate me. I'm surprised I haven't seen more posts about this.

Favorite artists?
Favorite songs?
Best workout music?

Let's compare, i'm always on the lookout for new music to listen to!

Replies

• _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I could do cardio to this all day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEtuXrV_KnM
  • je551caDan13ls
    Options
    I love Anthony Hamilton, not so much for the work out but for the sound. As for a work out...anything upbeat....sorry that isn't much help.
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Depends on what exercise I am doing. If I am running, I like listening to metal such as Through the Eyes of the Dead, Black Dahlia Murder, or Within the Ruins. Makes me feel like a badass.

If I am dancing, I like to listen to poppy dance music ala Britney Spears, Pitbull, Far East Movement, and lots of other artists I will never admit to listening to outside of this forum or ever listen to without the use of headphones.

If I am lifting, I keep it gangster and listen to rap. It just makes me feel like I am hard lol
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    My "Workout" list in iTunes:

Never Gonna Get It - Akon
    We Ready - Archie Eversole
    Dance (*kitten*) - Big Sean
    Blow Me Away - Breaking Benjamin
    Freaks and Geeks - Childish Gambino
    Forever - Chris Brown
    Look At Me Now - Chris Brown
    Turn Me On - David Guetta
    Where Them Girls At - David Guetta
    I'm So Hood - DJ Khaled
    The Motto - Drake
    Two Sisters - Fiction Plane
    Good Feeling - Flo Rida
    Wild Ones - Flo Rida
    Don't Wanna Go Home - Jason Derulo
    Empire State of Mind, Big Pimpin', and Run This Town by Jay-Z
    E.T. - Katy Perry
    Blow - Kesha
    Let It Rock - Kevin Rudolf
    Sexy and I Know It - LMFAO
    The Show Goes On - Lupe Fiasco
    Hypnotize - Notorious B.I.G.
    Give Me Everything - Pitbull
    S&M - Rihanna
    Only Girl - Rihanna
    We Found Love - Rihanna
    Live Your Life - T.I.
    Whatever You Like - T.I.
    Dead and Gone - T.I.
    Dynamite - Taio Cruz
    Troublemaker - Taio Cruz
    Drive By - Train
    Headstrong - Trapt
    Rack City - Tyga
    Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
    Icky Thump - The White Stripes
    Fell In Love With A Girl - The White Stripes
    Superman - 3 Doors Down
  • TexasRattlesnake
    Options
    ...Makes me feel like a badass.

...and lots of other artists I will never admit to listening to outside of this forum or ever listen to without the use of headphones.

If I am lifting, I keep it gangster and listen to rap. It just makes me feel like I am hard lol

One of the best posts ever. LOL
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Rammstein
  • R_Gibbs
    R_Gibbs Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I usually go to 8tracks.com and you can search for any kind of genre, artist, or even an activity. I like to search their workout playlists because it's usually a lot of fast paced music to keep you pumped up during workouts. I highly recommend it!!
  • pavingnewpaths
    Options
    Superman - 3 Doors Down

Haha, I think you mean Kryptonite :)

But I absolutely love that song. It's too mellow for me to workout to but 3 Doors Down is a great band. Also, Seven Nation Army is one of my favorite songs! The White Stripes are wicked workout band.
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    My "Workout" list in iTunes:

Never Gonna Get It - Akon
    We Ready - Archie Eversole
    Dance (*kitten*) - Big Sean
    Blow Me Away - Breaking Benjamin
    Freaks and Geeks - Childish Gambino
    Forever - Chris Brown
    Look At Me Now - Chris Brown
    Turn Me On - David Guetta
    Where Them Girls At - David Guetta
    I'm So Hood - DJ Khaled
    The Motto - Drake
    Two Sisters - Fiction Plane
    Good Feeling - Flo Rida
    Wild Ones - Flo Rida
    Don't Wanna Go Home - Jason Derulo
    Empire State of Mind, Big Pimpin', and Run This Town by Jay-Z
    E.T. - Katy Perry
    Blow - Kesha
    Let It Rock - Kevin Rudolf
    Sexy and I Know It - LMFAO
    The Show Goes On - Lupe Fiasco
    Hypnotize - Notorious B.I.G.
    Give Me Everything - Pitbull
    S&M - Rihanna
    Only Girl - Rihanna
    We Found Love - Rihanna
    Live Your Life - T.I.
    Whatever You Like - T.I.
    Dead and Gone - T.I.
    Dynamite - Taio Cruz
    Troublemaker - Taio Cruz
    Drive By - Train
    Headstrong - Trapt
    Rack City - Tyga
    Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
    Icky Thump - The White Stripes
    Fell In Love With A Girl - The White Stripes
    Superman - 3 Doors Down

Just updated my playlist. I love these posts :)
  • TexasRattlesnake
    Options
    Superman - 3 Doors Down

Haha, I think you mean Kryptonite :)

But I absolutely love that song. It's too mellow for me to workout to but 3 Doors Down is a great band. Also, Seven Nation Army is one of my favorite songs! The White Stripes are wicked workout band.

Yeah, that's the official name, but I've never called it that. Kryptonite is about weakness, Superman is strength!
  • dollhead00
    Options
    for working out I like Lights (her faster stuff), Avicii, a LOT of mashups, and hip-hop.

yay to whoever mentioned 8tracks! I have one here: http://8tracks.com/anna-molly

favorite artists: Lana del Rey, The Exies, Default, Stars, Kill Hannah, Gavin DeGraw, 3 Doors Down
  • pudpud24
    pudpud24 Posts: 8
    Options
    I to LOVE:heart: music and it really helps to motivate me.I am awful at trying to find good songs so i often just listen to the radio or have some friends find my music for me.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    my favorite band is dcfc, not so great for working out though.
    actually, most of my fave songs aren't good for working out. (i like indie bands mainly)

flaunt - girls loves shoes is excellent though.
  • MNguerita
    MNguerita Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Pitbull has a lot of good stuff for working out, love his version of Shake Sonora, Shakira-my hips don't lie....that song from back in the day "I'm too sexy!"
  • pavingnewpaths
    Options
    my favorite band is dcfc, not so great for working out though.
    actually, most of my fave songs aren't good for working out. (i like indie bands mainly)

flaunt - girls loves shoes is excellent though.

Ha! I had to google "DCFC" to understand what you were talking about because I thought it was just a band I had never heard of (which is weird for me.) and then I figured out you meant Death Cab. I always tried to get into them, I never could :|

I love Indie bands, my goodness. I've been really getting into them lately too. I listen to a HUGE selection of music, and Indie rock/pop is probably one of the main genres I listen to.

Vampire Weekend, More Amor, Foster the People, Fun., Telekinesis, The Killers, Stars, The Brobecks, The XX, etc.
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Favorite artists?.....Green Day, NOFX, Social Distortion, Me First & the Gimme Gimmies.

Favorite songs?.....Anything by the above.

Best workout music?....the song New Noise by Refused. It's all I need...but then again....throw in Burning Inside by Ministry and it's ON!!!!!
  • Ian_McC
    Ian_McC Posts: 19
    Options
    Breakcore (Venetian Snares, Servants of the Apocalyptic Goat Rave, Bong-Ra) is pretty much the best workout music for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4N0OiS7uzY
  • dela1000
    dela1000 Posts: 62
    Options
    Favorite artists?.....Green Day, NOFX, Social Distortion, Me First & the Gimme Gimmies.

Best workout music?....the song New Noise by Refused. It's all I need...but then again....throw in Burning Inside by Ministry and it's ON!!!!!

Agreed. Add some Strung Out, Face to Face, and Lagwagon and you'll be pumped the whole time.
  • Laurielronic
    Laurielronic Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Huge variety. John Cougar Mellencamp's Hurt So Good, Enrique's I Like It is one of my faves and Escape is great also, Lady Gaga, Billy Idol, Foreigner's Urgent, Madonna, Justin Timberlake, The Backstreet Boys, Lady Antebellum, Bryan Adams, Toby Mac, Blue Oyster Cult's Burnin for you is pretty good, P!nk, Keith Urban, Maroon 5, Matchbox Twenty, Kelly Clarkson, Katy Perry and the list goes on. I don't like hard core rap.
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options

Agreed. Add some Strung Out, Face to Face, and Lagwagon and you'll be pumped the whole time.

Face to Face for sure. Love the Big Choice cd.