I screwed up bad :(

Options
13»

Replies

• MandiS80
    MandiS80 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You can see your weekly calorie intake by using the app. Open the app and look at the top and you will see "summary" "daily" "weekly". Press "weekly" and it will show you this info.
    there it says I'm 8142 net calories under my weekly goal
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Hey Mandi

Don't feel guilty, junk food is like heroin for many of us. Just reflect on what triggered it, and accept that it was a lapse in control (which happens to the best, y'know) and perhaps set yourself up for the occasional cheat meal either by skimping calories somewhere else. Intentionally getting them, but in a smaller portion and consuming them in a controlled manor will make it less likely for you seek an uncontrolled fix. I always fear the uncontrolled fix, it's like a friggin relapse - that's why we feel guilty.

--Dan

Agree

Yep, its not like you ordered a 20 piece meal and then didn't work out and then did it again tomorrow and again and again. Hey junk food is junk food and it tastes good sometimes. We all have our weakness. But the fact that you 1) logged it so you acknowledged that you ate it 2) decided you were going to put in extra time to work it off (did it really put you that far over your daily goals?) shows that you have nothing to feel guilty about. The way I look at things is as long as it doesn't become your normal habit again your fine. I was at a point once where I would order 2 meals from McDonalds and eat them both..it wasn't pretty. But now I make sure I log everything and exercise daily. I try to make the healthy choices every day but I know that it won't always happen. Today, i went to a seafood buffet and tomorrow we have a company meeting which involves pizza. (mmmm pizza) So for me the way I don't ever make myself feel guilty or stressed for eating I believe that is worse then actually eating the junk food. I believe if you log it and acknowledge it and don't let it become a 3 or 4 day binge you shouldn't worry at all about it.
  • MandiS80
    MandiS80 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    When i really want something i try to eat other things to keep from eating it and still want it and end up eating it anyway plus the other stuff. I ate almost a whole loaf of warm french bread the other night. It happens. i just got back on the next morning. You have a really good attitude. YOu will be fine. Did you enjoy them as much as you thought you would? I find the bad stuff isnt a tasty as it used to be.
    I must admit... it was pretty good... but not as good as it used to be... every bite was filled with "why am I doing this?"
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    It happens. I ate a calorie bomb one day. I was on the road and didn't have much else in the way of choices, so I ate it (fast food breakfast sandwhiches) anyway and looked up the damage later. It wasn't good. I was kinda mad, but it didn't even put a speed bump in my progress. The overall big picture is more important than just one day. You could be a guest on epic mealtime and eat a gigantic, deep fried, grilled cheese & bacon sandwich tower one day, but if every other day for the rest of the year is good, you'll be fine in the end as far as your progress goes.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    meh, nuggets arent that bad. 10 nuggets is only 400 cal (in aust). add a salad and a water and its a filling meal.

people get way too hung up on the whole "no fast food" thing then when they slup they either feel way to guilty, or they slip massively.

keep eating them in moderation and every now and then and it will be fine.
  • tmos512
    tmos512 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    For next time...I found the kids meals give me enough to fill me up without the larger amount of calories.
  • EternalJourney
    Options
    It happens to us all from time to time. I ordered a pizza from the local store the other day because they were having a sale and I ate the whole pizza *sigh*.. thankfully I still lost weight lol
  • michiganer
    michiganer Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even think twice about it.

Before I started MFP, I ate fast food/bad food most of the time and had a healty meal 'sometimes'. Now, I have healthy food most of the time and fast food/bad food 'sometimes'. Its a much better balance now. I figure as long as I log my food, work out and acknowledge that I will not go back to my old ratio of eating, I am ok.

Sounds like you eat really good most of the time so I wouldn't even worry about it. Lord knows we can find many other things to feel guilty about lol. Keep up the good work!!
  • meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as a screw up, that makes it sound forbidden like you can't ever have or do it again, as if it's drugs or something. That's the biggest reason people "fall off the wagon" as they think any fast food, sweet treat, etc is something they can never have again, and others making you feel that way like "Oh you relapsed" makes it even worse. If it tastes good to you, you can eat it, but in smaller amounts. The kids 4 piece nugget meal is perfect if you want that. 4 nuggets, a teeny tiny fries and some apples, much better than the big value meal and I bet satisfies the craving. :-)