Numbers not moving

Options
Hey guys,

For the first week, I lost 3 lbs. After that, it came to a screeching halt. I exercise by walking daily, or I plan to take up the stationary bike as well. I'm eating less than my allotment every day, mostly fruits and veggies and snacking on fruit throughout the day.

But two days ago, I gained back almost two pounds. I thought it was from salt, so I drank extra water (yes I drink 8 glasses, I don't drink anything but water or 1% milk).

I'm on a diuretic, I've increased my fiber intake and it's still not moving. I'm pretty much back where I started and I don't know what to do. HELP.

Replies

• CopyCat97
    CopyCat97 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    From reading your food Diary, I believe you are not eating enough. Your calorie totals are below 1200 most of the time. The body requires at least 1200 cal a day to function normally.

Try this for a bit

multiply your ideal weight by 10 and eat that much in calories a day + exercise
    from your profile, you wanted to be around 150, so 150 x 10 = 1500 cal a day
    also even out your meals. you have lots of heavy dinners, but very light lunch and breakfasts.
  • Katychla
    Katychla Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That seems like such a paradox to eat more to lose weight, but I'll try it.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Also, exercise can cause you to retain water weight. If that is the problem, keep doing what you're doing and it will start to come off again. If for some reason you don't work out for three or four days and you step on the scale, you'll probably notice a nice drop, which will immediately return once you start exercising again!
  • CopyCat97
    CopyCat97 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

yes it does, but it works for a lot of people.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I had this same issue a year or so back. And I still struggle with it. Once I start eating healthy and working out I don't eat as much. I don't know why but my body just doesn't want to eat. I have to force myself to eat and even then it's really hard for me to eat 1200 calories. Like today, I was at 610 calories, and was stuffed. I don't know why I struggle with this.. but the poster before is right. I would lose a couple pounds, and then gain them right back plus some. What happens is your body thinks you are starving, so then it starts to eat away your muscle, and then ANYTHING you eat turns into fat because your body thinks your not going to eat for a long time so it needs to store it as fat to survive. I'd for sure up your calorie intake. 1200 is too little, and going under is dangerous. Trust me, I know from first hand experience. You'll start feeling very sick and lethargic and that will hurt your weight loss goals even more.
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not i agree eat more...im a male but i thought eating less was how to do it as well, i started at 1450 calories and i lost a bit then stalled to nothing...bumped it to 1950 and week and half later i was down 4 lbs and still going....your body is like a car the more you loose the faster it runs so the more fuel you need to keep it working a okay
  • Katychla
    Options
    I didn't notice the imbalance between meals, so in order to try and increase my calories and balance it out at the same time, I'll try and bulk out my breakfast a bit. I know you're supposed to anyhow. Hopefully that helps.
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Ill tell you your going to loose more weight if you dont waste all your calories on subway and pizza.....
  • Katychla
    Options
    Subway is within walking distance (3 miles there, 3 miles back) and I watch what I get. No mayo, etc etc. I should probably cut out the cheese though.
  • wetsel23
    wetsel23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I think you should cut out eating out and eat a bit more calories. I wasnt losing any weight by eating out and still was staying in my calorie intake. i started preparing all my meals and eating more balanced and last week lost 4lbs. There's nothing wrong with going to Subway every once in a while but the meat and soups have tons of sodium (any fast food for that matter). Try that and see if you see a difference.
  • wetsel23
    wetsel23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    oh, and cheese is not bad. I eat cheese almost everyday but i stick to white cheeses-- cottage, mozerrella sticks, parmesean (fresh) etc.