This is not working !!!

Options
Hi All.

I'm 5.1 and weigh 134lbs - with a goal to get down to 120 lbs. Since joining 2 weeks ago, I've been to the gym 5 - 6 times a week burning approx 400 calories each time on cardio activity along with doing 30 mins weights training. Also cycled 50km over the weekend at a relatively moderate pace.

Been eating 1200 calories a day (with some left over on some days) as struggle to reach 1200 calories NET.

Got on the scale this morning for first time in 2 weeks and expected to see some weight loss - but nothing, actually put on 3lb !!! :frown:

Reading previous posts, I assume it could be muscle but I would have expected to see some weight loss aswell.

Appreciate any advice. :smile: . Thanks.

Replies

• TIWARS
    TIWARS Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi All.

I'm 5.1 and weigh 134lbs - with a goal to get down to 120 lbs. Since joining 2 weeks ago, I've been to the gym 5 - 6 times a week burning approx 400 calories each time on cardio activity along with doing 30 mins weights training. Also cycled 50km over the weekend at a relatively moderate pace.

Been eating 1200 calories a day (with some left over on some days) as struggle to reach 1200 calories NET.

Got on the scale this morning for first time in 2 weeks and expected to see some weight loss - but nothing, actually put on 3lb !!! :frown:

Reading previous posts, I assume it could be muscle but I would have expected to see some weight loss aswell.

Appreciate any advice. :smile: . Thanks.
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Need to eat more, with you not having much to lose, try to increase your net calories slightly. I know it sounds crazy but try it. Never eat under 1200, your body goes into starvation mode and stores what you eat.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Just be patient and stay on track...Songbyrdsweet, an educated trainer who is also a member of this site, advises not to fall below a 500 calorie deficit...meaning, add your bmr to the calories you burn with exercise and subtract 500 so that your body doesn't go into starvation mode.

Stay off the scale for longer periods of time...take your measurements instead.

Hang in there, it'll happen for you!
  • richertlt
    richertlt Posts: 1
    Options
    It takes time. If you watch the biggest loser it took the woman longer to lose the weight and then they came big. They won. Keep working and it will pay off. Don't get down. Think positive.:smile::smile:
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    You need to eat your exercise calories. if you are confused then read the post for newbies, it will explain everything

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add that as you have very little to lose (and are already in a healthy weight range), it will take much longer fro you to lose the weight. For your weight, you should only have around a 500 calorie a day deficit, not more. Again i suggest you read the following post

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/12250-1000-calorie-deficit-not-for-people-with-healthy-bmi
  • queenie
    queenie Posts: 5
    Options
    You should really measure yourself weekly, to keep motivated.
    You are probably like me, and will lose several inches - when the scale doesnt budge.

You're building muscle - and muscle weighs more that fat.
    You are doing an awesome job, and you need to continue your lifestyle change.

When you least expect it - the scale WILL budge - and you will be very satisfied.
    Be sure to eat your calorie intake, drink plenty of water, and keep your inspiration.