your shape fitness evolved 2012

Options
Has anyone used this your shape fitness evolved 2012 for kinect if so what do you thinka bout it? have you seen results? my partner brought it for me

Replies

• lucysposaro
    lucysposaro Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I guess nobody uses it then?
  • Shardae3
    Shardae3 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've used it, it can be fun.. the boot camp was my favorite as far as a good workout the yoga was good the dance mixes are also good if you like things like zumba. I think you could get results if you stuck to it and made sure you hit the amount of calories you needed to burn. You get to mix it up yourself. I think it rates better in my opinion then the wii fit did.
  • kristirlk
    kristirlk Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've used it. I like it.. Its good for a workout when you dont want to or have time to head to the gym.
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    I use it, the calories burned are kind of low. It only counts a move it you do it 100% correctly or if they kinect sees it correctly. You need a big room.
  • lucysposaro
    lucysposaro Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have used it for 2 days now and i am soooo sore :( the boot camp is intense ill admit that
    0400772 Posts: 80
    Options
    im thinking about trying it.. recommendation sx
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I think it is quite good but is a pain having to wave your arms about to move onto the next set or to repeat a challenge.

I actually prefer get fit with Mel B (or something with a similar title). You actually can get a decent length workout without having to confirm constantly.
  • healthtenderfoot
    Options
    I have it and I love it! My problem is that I don't play it enough, yet. I went in for Zumba right after they released the newest one, and all the stores didn't have the older version that I wanted. I didn't want to pay $60 for a 'game' I didn't know for sure if I'd like or not, so I talked with a sales person (this was in April). He showed my Your Shape Fitness Evolved and explained a little bit. He said he had had it since January and lost 40 pounds using that and eating a little better. I bought it, took it home, and fell in love. It's so easy to get the moves down, and it's great to see yourself up on the screen with the 'instructor' to know if you're doing the moves correctly. My favorite activity is the Step one, where you step on the lights when they reach you. I also enjoy 'punching' the calories I've burned after an activity is done!
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    I have it and hate it.

I can't get around the fat, flat icon of me staring back at me.

And I don't like having to wave every time I turn around or use arm movements to access the menu.

I find that the kinect has a hard time keep up with my body movements. A lot of times it won't pick it up. They seriously need to work on that technology.

I love my wii EA Active and wii Fit though.
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I have tried and I did get results however I didn't stay with it because I was already doing something else, but its a 2 thumbs up for me.
  • PrettynWitty12
    PrettynWitty12 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just bought it and have been working out with it for about a week now and I really like it. I like seeing myself, not some cartoony version like on the Wii. I like all the variety and I like that you can see how long each activity is before you actually start it. I'm down 3 lbs already. What I don't like is sometimes my Kinect doesn't register my floor/kneeling exercises and that you can't string a bunch of different workouts together. But I still feel like I'm getting a good workout so these two minor things don't bother me that much.
  • WinstonH123
    Options
    I JUST started using it like 3 days ago and I hurt all over! I love it though! I do the boxing stuff,running, balance and jumprope the most!
  • vernonvlee
    vernonvlee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40+ lbs playing it... No gym equipment... I just eat smarter and workout 4 to 5 times a week on it... Bought it around July, didn't start working out on it seriously until the end of September.... It works, if you do the workouts. If you have trouble figuring out which exercises to do, just setup a goal, it will mark the routines with a blue flag. Oh... one more thing. You will learn to love/hate anything that has "sumo" in the name :smile:
  • AwesomeJoe
    Options
    I just started this. I really enjoy it so far. Lots of good activities, and I personally haven't had any issues of it not reading my movements.. However, I have a big living room that I am able to use.

The biggest complaint is that the amount of burned calories seems extremely inaccurate even after entering my height and weight. I mean, I worked out hard, and sweating for 30 minutes and said I only burned a little over 50 calories. That doesn't seem right.