skinny girl diet?

Options
is this for real? i was looking it up because someone from my friends list was raving about it. This is also a girl who claims she wants to purge her food...uhhmm..yeah. anyways, so basically the first day is 400 cals and throughough the whole thing it never tops 650 calories!! how is this approved especially when it says you work out 5xdays a week? isnt this how people get SICK? i know when i didnt eat (because i was depressed) i lost tons of weight but gained it all back when i started feeling better. however i did look sickly and not a healthy skinny.

i want that muscular beautiful toned body now. just curious to those out there who have tried/heard this what you think? personally im shocked there even is a diet/workout plann that promotes that as healthy. doesnt seem healthy to me.

xoxo
kayjay

p.s. sorry i double posted this in food and nutrition. thats where i meant to stick this :) hah

Replies

• RoseVernon
    RoseVernon Posts: 88
    Options
    400 calories sounds like an eating disorder to me. Eek!
  • EngineerPrincess
    EngineerPrincess Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    It's only good for one thing, which is triggering anorexia, if that's a disorder your brain is prone to. Otherwise it's useless, once you eat normally the weight comes right back even worse than before because it kills your metabolism. No one should do it ever for any reason, unless you're like, morbidly obese and have diabetes which can fix itself through weight loss and then do it only nunder doctor supervision for a few weeks.
  • vampire_cakes
    vampire_cakes Posts: 38 Member
    Options

i know right! after i saw all these blog posts about it about how eating over 600 cals is wrong i felt like a fatass for even attempting 1200! i was doing only 900 cals when i started feeling sick because i work out alot.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Sounds more like Anorexic and bullemic diet. Might wanna remove this post since, while only a discussion, it can be thought of as pro-ED post
  • vampire_cakes
    Options
    not promoting eating disorders. i just wanted to know more about the diet and if it was true. dont know how to remove posts either since im new on here.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    ugh, pro-ana diets

there's lots of them.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    not promoting eating disorders. i just wanted to know more about the diet and if it was true. dont know how to remove posts either since im new on here.

I understand, and I'm not saying that it is a pro-anorexic post. I am just saying that some members will think of it this way and some other members might get ideas that this diet is actually healthy (which it isn't)

You can report your own post and ask to be deleted
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    You'll lose the weight for the week or so you do it but then you'll put back on EVERY single pounds and then some since you'll be putting your body into starvation mode. And it'll all go to your stomach too. And you'll look glossily bloated and frankly pregnant for a few days while your body goes back to normal.

Been there, done that. It's extremely stupid and people who do that have no knowledge of fitness, health or the way weight loss works.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options

i know right! after i saw all these blog posts about it about how eating over 600 cals is wrong i felt like a fatass for even attempting 1200! i was doing only 900 cals when i started feeling sick because i work out alot.

Maybe you should do research on the subject before posting something so incredibly ignorant.

I am guessing you're a teenager or just extremely young. 1200 Calories is the ABSOLUTE minimum. Anything less and your body goes into starvation mode.

Just do a simple google search and do some research and realize how absurd this statement is. Your "Pro Ana" friends might as well be wishing for cancer. Anorexia is a life threatening illness that robs you of your sanity and your health and your happiness. Girl who do this might as well be hoping they get caner.

It's not joke. It's not crash diet. It's a sickness and it will rob you of EVERYTHING you have.

And you'll end up one of two places: Dead or painfully (physically, emotionally and just about every other way) gaining all the weight back with problems with metabolism for the rest f your life. Be smarter then these friends of yours.
  • 110lbs50kgs
    Options
    With that diet you do not count fresh fruits and vegetables, you are supposed to eat as many of those as you want. Some people will take the diet extreme and restrict to that many calories though. It will be their own fault when they become ill.
  • vampire_cakes
    Options

Maybe you should do research on the subject before posting something so incredibly ignorant.

I am guessing you're a teenager or just extremely young. 1200 Calories is the ABSOLUTE minimum. Anything less and your body goes into starvation mode.

Just do a simple google search and do some research and realize how absurd this statement is. Your "Pro Ana" friends might as well be wishing for cancer. Anorexia is a life threatening illness that robs you of your sanity and your health and your happiness. Girl who do this might as well be hoping they get caner.

It's not joke. It's not crash diet. It's a sickness and it will rob you of EVERYTHING you have.

And you'll end up one of two places: Dead or painfully (physically, emotionally and just about every other way) gaining all the weight back with problems with metabolism for the rest f your life. Be smarter then these friends of yours.

I'm 25 so unless you think thats incredible young good luck. and i was JOKING obviously. NOT ignorant. im not the one on the skinny girl diet. also everyones calorie intake is different depending on your body type. the minimum i eat is 1200 which i almost topped 1800 today so normally i eat way more then that so im not ignorant. and no they are not "friends" the whole post as you can read, is about how stupid it all is. i have to read about girls purging on here etc. is actually disturbing. whoever wrote i should delete this is above is right lmao

people will flame you for being pro-anorexia even though ur diary says you eat alot. not the point of my post. geesh. reporting and deleting.