Just binged :(

Options
I just binged on chocolate :( I've never had cravings as bad as the ones I just had and I gave into them :(

I know these things happen and it's a marathon not a sprint but I've just started my weight loss and spent the last few weeks hovering anywhere between 70-71kg (starting weight around 71kg) and I really want to crack it and get below 70kg, I won't feel like I'm progressing until I hit 69kg, but every day I wake up and find I'm still hovering in the same place I get discouraged and I guess this is the result.

I know I can't expect to see much change in only a few weeks but since I've upped my exercise and lowered my calories a lot it's frustrating to be hovering around the same spot on the scale.

Vent over, binge over, time to move on and keep plugging away at it

Replies

• SKIPPER
    SKIPPER Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat...:did good all day....just binged....now I can't sleep because I'm so full and disgusted with myself! Tomorrow is another day ....right?
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    drink some more water to flush it out of your system
    we all need a good cheat day every once in a while.
  • SKIPPER
    Options
    Good advice...how'd you loose 26 lbs?
  • luvinmefirst
    luvinmefirst Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I struggle with binging as well but just make sure it does not happen every day. One bad day is not going to hurt you. Just get back on track tomorrow!
  • SKIPPER
    Options
    I was doing good....then gained 10 pounds....having a hard time getting started again!
  • sofiav76
    sofiav76 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have my binge days too but the key is not letting the binge take over. You have the right attitude with getting back on track. I can't see your diary so I'm not sure what your Sodium levels are, how much you're eating vs exercise. Have your tried measuring yourself? Sometimes this is where you will see the difference first.
    Good luck with it, I hope you stick to your goals :-)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    When I started this journey, I binged a few times. A very dear MFP friend had this to say

"Instead of spending this time cursing yourself, you could use this to learn from the mistakes, try to plan better next time and try to do better next time. You decide which is a more productive option"
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    Good advice...how'd you loose 26 lbs?

i lose weight by following a low carb lifestyle.
  • notadaywasted
    Options
    I just started last Monday in losing weight. Good thing I've seen positive results. Another way of refraining from binging is to eat on time (or regular intervals), all meals, but in small portions each day. Do not allow yourself to be get caught of starvation. When you're are starving, the harder it is for you to control the type and quantities of food.
  • SKIPPER
    Options
    Thanks all......I'll start again tomorrow.....boy, I'll bet you have heard that before. :)
  • LexyDB
    LexyDB Posts: 261
    Options
    drink some more water to flush it out of your system
    we all need a good cheat day every once in a while.

Flush the chocolate or the increase in body fat out of your system?