Ideals & Targets (vs height)

Options
So... I'm a 36yr old woman - at 5'7" - I weigh 191 lbs. Aiming for 161 lbs (11 1/2 stone) - which is what I weighed when I married for the first time, back in 2003. I was then a UK size 12 (occasionally a 14 depending on style/cut), this was about right for my height, build and lifestyle. I started this journey again at 200lbs.. so I'm 9lbs down.

So here I am at "30lbs to go" (191 to 161).. if I was to get to 11 1/2 stone again that is. As I'm a bit taller, with a good size build - I carry weight really well. I don't think I look 13 1/2 stone - often people are surprised that I weighed over 14stone, they baulk when I say I want to lose 30lbs to get to 11 1/2 stone. Even now at 13 1/2 stone, I am a UK size 14 top and size 16 bottom half (some size 14 trousers).

I wondered what everyone's height vs weight now vs weight target. I know it's different for everyone, but I'm curious. Compared to how tall you are and what UK size you are. Interested to hear there are other target weights as high as mine. :-)

xx

Replies

• evelyngrice
    evelyngrice Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and currently weigh 136lb.
    Wearing a size 14 on top (big boobs!) and size 12 on bottoms.

I think I look okay now, everyone says I do, but I would like to get down to 130lb.

I like to do things by "eye", and I will stop when I feel like I look good.

Having big boobs makes it difficult though, because I feel like I look bigger than I am, does that make sense?

:)
  • teganpreston
    teganpreston Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm tall as well at 6 foot. At my heaviest I was 14st 9lbs and a Size 16. I'm currently 11st 8lbs and size 10 top and size 12 bottoms. I would like to get to 10st 10lbs or size 10 jeans. If I get into the jeans before 10st 10lbs then I will maintain that weight.

Just realised that my goals look a bit number 10 obsessed! That wasn't intentional!
  • melanie3103
    melanie3103 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm tall as well at 6 foot. At my heaviest I was 14st 9lbs and a Size 16. I'm currently 11st 8lbs and size 10 top and size 12 bottoms. I would like to get to 10st 10lbs or size 10 jeans. If I get into the jeans before 10st 10lbs then I will maintain that weight.

Just realised that my goals look a bit number 10 obsessed! That wasn't intentional!

Obviously not as tall as you, but I've no real aspirations to be a size 10. I'm not sure that is sustainable for my lifestyle, I enjoy eating out and a glass of wine a little too much (!)... ;) Well done with your journey, you're doing so well. Keep up the good work. I suspect at 6' that you might be a different build to me. When I was last 11 1/2 stone, people started to say I looked too thin in the face and "you dont want to lose any more, do you" etc. So I kind of thought this was where I'd like to be again. I will no more when I get there. Obviously I was 26 then, I'm 36 now... so it's harder to shift.

:)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I'm a shortie - 5 foot 2.

When I started I weighed over 11 stone, and was wearing size 14 tops and some of my trousers were size 16.

I got down to 9 1/2 stone and could easily fit a size 10. I've put a few pounds back on recently - the 10 tops are still OK, but I wear size 12 trousers. But I'll get back down to 9 1/2 stone soon!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5". When I first started, my goal was 155, and as I've managed to increase lean mass while losing fat (I'm guessing most of the lean mass is increased glycogen stores and water retention in my muscles), my goal has gone up to 168, which will have me at 20% bf based on my current numbers.
  • Martina_Who
    Martina_Who Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 too and aiming for the same!

I've 3 targets

12 stone
    11.5 stone
    11 stone

I would like to get down as far as my 3rd target but I think my body prefers me at my second!
    We shall see!
  • melanie3103
    melanie3103 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 too and aiming for the same!

I've 3 targets

12 stone
    11.5 stone
    11 stone

I would like to get down as far as my 3rd target but I think my body prefers me at my second!
    We shall see!

Ditto, ditto, ditto... This is exactly what I was after. I see so much that people of our height (5'7") wanting to get to 9 stone and 10 stone, and I wonder if that's doable !?! Different builds and lifestyles I guess. I cannot realistically get THERE, I don't want to set myself up to fail. I'd be happy at 11.7 but 11 be great, so I've half a stone to "play with"... :)

xx
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    I'm just too short 4'11 - according to all the charts I should be a dinky around 7.5/8 stone mark, when I started this whole thing I was almost 14 stone and that sounded impossible so my goal was to just get into a size 14 (non elasticated/non-cheating waist) shorts/trousers.

:smile: I can now get into the size 14 (whoopee) and now I'm re-evaluating. I don't wan't to be Kylie Minogue I just want to be an improved version of myself, would ideally like to keep my curves in the process.
  • Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Im 5"6 And my main goal is to get to 10 stone 7 (150lbs).... I havn't been that weight for probably about 10 years! But Thats been my goal since starting MFP. I currently have 20lbs to go... If I could get into the 10's (stones) id be happy!

I totally see your point tho, some people are my height or even taller and have goals like 125lbs-135lbs.... I'd probably look awful there cos my face goes skinny before everywhere else for some reason! :noway:

But each to their own I guess!

Good luck x
  • vger11
    vger11 Posts: 248
    Options
    Im 5"6 And my main goal is to get to 10 stone 7 (150lbs).... I havn't been that weight for probably about 10 years! But Thats been my goal since starting MFP. I currently have 20lbs to go... If I could get into the 10's (stones) id be happy!

I totally see your point tho, some people are my height or even taller and have goals like 125lbs-135lbs.... I'd probably look awful there cos my face goes skinny before everywhere else for some reason! :noway:

Good luck x

face first...that's me too :noway: :tongue:
  • Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options

Good luck x

face first...that's me too :noway: :tongue:

Haha theres a running joke with me, that i look like "scream" (I have like a heart shaped oval face) so when the weight goes I feel like iv got a long scream face!!!

Wish it would come off my bloody belly!!!! :explode:

x
  • Crunchyfaery
    Options
    I currently weigh 10st9, which at 5ft 3, puts me at a uk size 12. I want to be around 9st (at my lightest I was 8st 7 but that was HARD!). I met my hubby when I was 8st 11 and I'd like to get down around there again. I've just had my second baby though, so not sure how doable it is when I can't get to the gym and am relying on doing DVDs during nap time!!
  • LindsayHowlett
    Options
    I'm 5'6 so in terms of how we look at height vs weight it should be fairly similar.

I have a typical hour glass figure and long legs so I am lucky that I carry weight evenly and quite well (with my clothes on LOL!!!)

When I started my journey (at the beginning of April) I was 12st 9lbs and as a rule a UK size 16 all over. Most people were surprised when I told them what I weighed and what size I was. Today I have lost exactly a stone and am a size 14 all over. My next goal is 11 stone. I don't really have an overall goal weight, originally it was 10 stone. Now though I'm doing it by eye as much as by weight, what I'd like is to be happy with how I look naked, I want to be very toned and as such I exercise a lot (not right now because I've torn my ankle ligament so I'm having to do this by food only for the next few weeks!). I want to be able to wear any clothes without the worry of people thinking "she should not be wearing that" - so as far as I am concerned weight is not such an issue, the mirror is what will guide me. At my thinnest (10 years ago in my early 20's) I was under 9 stone and still thought I was fat because I wasn't toned! The scales are not the be all and end all, you just need to be where you are comfortable. For me I'd like to be in a position where if I go on holiday and gain half a stone I don't come home hating how I look as a result!!!!!
  • Mel_t_away
    Mel_t_away Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey

I'm 34 and 5ft 7 too. My goal is around 11 stone. I'm about a UK size 10/12 at that weight and know when I go smaller than that I look too thin.

Haven't been under 12 stone since my first child was born and body shape has changed since then I'm sure! So I'll see when I get there :)

Good luck

Mel :)
  • Fat_to_muscles
    Options
    I'm 5'7 too. I started at 150 pounds, am now 135, and am aiming to get to 127, but I'm not sure if I'll ever get there. I lose about 1 pound per month, haha! But I don't really mind. I enjoy a glass of wine and eating in restaurants too, but I just make sure that whenever I eat at home, I eat very healthy (but tasty!) and I try to get in some exercise as much as I can. Feel free to add me if you want to compare diaries.

Good luck on your journey! I'm sure you'll get there :)
  • jumadey
    jumadey Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 5''7.5 and I currently weigh 13.2 stone. I'm generally a UK 12-14 on top and 14-16 on the bottom (depending on the shop) .

I'd like to drop between around 20-30lbs so I'm in the 160s. I've never been that weight and this height so I'd like to see what I look like at that weight, and then reassess my target. My goal is to become fitter, toned up

I'm not so much obsessed with how much I weigh, but how I look in the mirror and the dress size I can wear. Ideally I've love to be a 12 all over...Oh the day I can walk into Topshop/H&M and I'm able to put on, zip up and wear a size 12 jean with noooo muffin top will be a glorious day!!)
  • kateshape
    kateshape Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and about 138. There was a time not too long ago that I had a flat stomach, and would like to lose to the point of that occurring again. I am nearly there, so I think when I hit 130-135 I'll be content.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options

Good luck x

Surely 10 stone is 140lbs, so 10 stone 7 would be 147 lbs?
  • vtpixie
    vtpixie Posts: 39
    Options
    I'm shorter too at 5'1.5" and weigh ~135 +/- 2lbs. My ideal weigh is between 110 - 115lbs and right now my goal is to get to 115lbs. I hope to get back into a size 4-6 in US...currently in 10's mainly but a few 8's and medium - large tops (bigger boobs as well...luckily they don't really chance size no matter what I weigh).
  • AHatFullOfSky
    AHatFullOfSky Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and currently weigh 177.2 lbs. I'm aiming for 142-ish. Depending on how much toning and muscle I manage, then maybe a bit more.

Most of my weight is placed from my waist and down, and the place where I loose it the last. Sucks!

I don't bother telling people that I want to/are loosing weight, since they all seem to be totally flabbergasted about that. Apparently I don't seem that heavy. But just wait until the pounds start to drop!

The most annoying, is when my sister starts to "worry" and tells me to be carefull not to loose too much. :grumble: She is 5'4 and 121.2 lbs. Shut it! :noway: :wink: