Reducing water weight without laxatives?

Options
Does anyone have some tips on reducing water bloating without swallowing laxatives?

I've been trying tea and coffee but they're not really working.

Replies

• peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Drink more water!
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Track your sodium, if you eat 2000 mg of sodium then eat between 3,000 and 4,000 mg of potassium. You need 2 to 3 times potassium than sodium to reduce the bloating.
  • bettyh12
    bettyh12 Posts: 8
    Options
    Make sure you are drinking enough water. Normal recommendation is at least 8 glasses a day. I drink 10-12 usually and that has made a huge (pardon the pun) difference in the amount of excess water I carry in - especially - my feet! Water in - water out! Something about coffee and tea sometimes actually retains water - at least for me. Try just plain water for a couple of days and see what happens.
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I second the drink more water answer. the body shouldn't need to hold it if you are getting enough.
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    tea and coffee increase the bloat,can you start your day with a 8oz hot water with lemon an honey,you will see changes within a week.
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    The benchmark test is your urine color. Is it very light in color, slightly yellow or really yellow? If your drinking enough water (and don't have a medical condition) your urine should be very light in color and almost clear. If your urine is very dark, up your water for a few days. If your chronically short of water, it will take your body a while to balance out.

Also, if your eating low sodium diet and then all of a sudden eat a lot more then normal, that will cause momentary weight gain and bloating as well. Give it a few days to flush out of your system.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Potassium. High in fruits and veggies, but you can also supplement with salt substitute- there's a couple different brands in the grocery store in the spice section- double check the label and make sure the product is a potassium salt.

Drink more water. It can take a couple days either way.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Tequila!

Last time I had tequila, I couldn't even keep down water the next day and bam. 5 pounds lighter

You're welcome.
  • jumadey
    jumadey Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Tequila!

Last time I had tequila, I couldn't even keep down water the next day and bam. 5 pounds lighter

You're welcome.

lol that made me chuckle
  • rhe280
    rhe280 Posts: 71
    Options
    Tequila!

You're welcome.

haha...my fave diet.....
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Tequila!

You're welcome.

lol that made me chuckle

me too!!
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Tequila!

You're welcome.

when i drink alcohol i wake up all dried up, nothing works as good as that (it dehydrates you). however it's only short-term, alcohol is bad for your body and you will gain weight if you drink it excessively.
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Dandelion tea (apparently). I just bought my first pack, it says right on the package that it helps to reduce bloating.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have some tips on reducing water bloating without swallowing laxatives?
    I've been trying tea and coffee but they're not really working.
    I think you have your bodily functions mixed up. Diuretics would reduce water retention.
  • fattofit20
    fattofit20 Posts: 86
    Options
    bump
  • tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Drink more water and consume less sodium. Simple as that.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Laxatives don't reduce water weight in your body. Diuretics do. You can buy them over the counter.

Drink more water, limit your sodium and processed foods, and increase your potassium.
  • HangoverSquare
    HangoverSquare Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Tequila!

You're welcome.

Haha...

Thanks for the information and advice, folks. I appreciate it.

Looks like I need to start drinking more water.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Tequila!

You're welcome.

when i drink alcohol i wake up all dried up, nothing works as good as that (it dehydrates you). however it's only short-term, alcohol is bad for your body and you will gain weight if you drink it excessively.

*SHHHEWWWWMM* (that was a joke flying over your head)
  • jennifermaxine
    Options
    Tequila!

You're welcome.

lol that made me chuckle

Hahaha!! So true!