Here I go...AGAIN. <sigh>

Options
Well, I'm back people. As I posted in a reply before, this is the 3rd time under a third different name. I start out with the best of intentions, but as they say the road to hell is paved with good intentions. I have got to lose the weight. It's got to go. I know better. I'm a medical professional and I KNOW what it's doing to me. It's frustrating to no end to know that ALL you have to do is burn more than you take in right? Pffft! Fat chance. (yeah ha ha)

It's embarassing really. I need help to keep me motivated and true to myself. Never really asked for it before but if anyone is willing I need it. Whether it be negative or positive... bring it.

Thanks

J

Replies

• mscolleen2003
    mscolleen2003 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It's really not about burning more than you eat, it's the fuel that you are putting in your body that counts. I am 54 years old and have fought this all my life. What is the thing that is common in all healthy, thin people? they eat. If you take in 500 calories of crap, your going to play hell burning it off. But if you take in 500 calories of healthy, good, clean, usable fuel food it going to burn like crazy and give you a ton of energy. This morning for breakfast I put together the following :
    1/2 cup blueberry's
    1/2 peach
    1.5 oz of walnuts
    1 fiber one bar (90 calories)
    about 330 calories

I am trying to finish all this food, I need the calorie intake because shortly I will do a two mile walk. By the time I get back, I will have burned that clean fuel up. I no longer shop once a week, I go about every 3 days because I bring home fresh fruits and veggies to eat. Yes, it's a lot more of a pain in the butt, but trust me after a few weeks you get use to it and trust me when I tell you the benefits of it are amazing.
  • MrsFoster18
    MrsFoster18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am starting again as well. Feel free to add me as support! :D
  • jkrau37
    jkrau37 Posts: 11
    Options
    I no longer shop once a week, I go about every 3 days because I bring home fresh fruits and veggies to eat. Yes, it's a lot more of a pain in the butt, but trust me after a few weeks you get use to it and trust me when I tell you the benefits of it are amazing.

Yes i do this too now. Also another tip which helps me A LOT - if i feel like something naughty or in danger of binging then I go to the food diary and type in the food I am contemplating eating and when I see the calorie count I change my mind - as I know how hard its going to be to work that off!
    This is a good tip for planning meals for your day as well to help you keep under the calories count.
    Stay with it - I started on my own last year and lost 30kg, but then faultered, but am back on the right pathe now tho. So hang in there.
  • HeatherPH
    HeatherPH Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend definitely adding as many like-minded people as you can, and then making your diary available to friends/others, to keep you accountable. I've found I'm much more motivated to eat well and work-out since seeing how well my friends are eating/how much they're exercising, and knowing that they'll see all the crap I may eat!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    why would a woman call her self "fatboygone"?
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Ive yoyoed for 22 years because Ive DIETED this time its a life change,Im learning about how my body works,eating more exercising more and realising 3-4lbs a week isnt obtainable .

Forget what youve done what you didnt do and look at what you WILL do

Its a great place here with the right buddies lots of us are comfort eaters with busy lifes so you will find common ground with someone

Ive still a way to go 61lbs left to lose Ill add you and message me if you need any support you can do this you know you can xx
  • Mmmporkrinds
    Mmmporkrinds Posts: 192
    Options
    Well done for coming back!:smooched:
  • Eisskween
    Eisskween Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    But you're here, so you sure aren't a quitter. We all fall off the wagon every now and then. Trick is, don't be so hard on yourself. Every day gives us a chance at a brand new beginning. Every great journey begins with just one step! :)

Since you're a medical professional, you well know the importance of good nutrition. I've tried every diet under the sun and it all came back. I've moved to a lifestyle change instead and focus on only putting healthy things in my body. I have the occasional treat every now and then, but for the most part, I load up on fish, chicken and veggies.

Things like sunflower seed butter and pumpkin seed butter instead of peanut butter; and organic whenever I can. You'ld be surprised how much food you can actually eat if you're eating the right thing. Also, drink more water. I used to pooh, pooh this, but have found out the great benefits that drinking more water actually has. It was a stretch to even drink 8 cups, now I'm up to at least 12, and some days even more.

Also, exercise. Move more. The more you move, the more energy you burn (calories) and the more you can eat, if you wish. Good luck to you and feel free to add me as a friend if you like. Have a great day! :)
  • KerryDaly
    KerryDaly Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi,

I'm in the same position, i've finally put my starting weight into myfitnesspal, was a bit gutted as it was an increase, from the last weight I recorded!!

I had a baby last year and have been finding it difficult to get back to my pre baby weight. I have decided now that diets are out of the window and a life style change is whats needed!! i will only buy healthy food!! and i will exercise more. eating better and moving more is what i was doing before i was pregnant and i was in great shape, just need to stick with my decision and don't give in to the junk!!

You can do whatever you set your mind to :wink:
  • mrsmoma
    mrsmoma Posts: 9
    Options
    If at first you don't succeed, try and try again! Good for you for getting back on the horse.

I would venture to guest that many of us on this site have tried before, many times.

I know for me, what makes the difference this time is that I look at food differently. I look for the best fuel that tastes good. It's not about eating what I love, it's about loving what I eat. After 6 weeks of eating healthy and beginning an exercise program, I've offed over 20 pounds.

And incentive is good too. My incentive is wanting to be around to see my kids finds their passion, become the adults I know they will be, and perhaps play with a grandchild or two!

Good luck - hang in there - the difference between those who succeed and those who don't is the successors in life don't give up!!!!!

One more thing - make yourself accountable to yourself by using the food diary -- I plan my meals a day ahead, print it out, and use it as my "menu" for the day. It's take "last minute" eating - which was a HUGE issue for me - out of the picture. I take a little time every evening to do my meal planning.
  • Cambrendle
    Cambrendle Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Congrats on being humble enough to come back and ask for help! That's the first step. I agree with the others, don't be so hard on yourself! Maybe instead of worrying about doing it ALL at once take it one step at a time? Because that can be kind of overwhelming!!! That's what I did. First I started with the logging of food and paying attention to that, and trying to keep within my calorie goal, choosing better foods. Then, when my system was cleaned out of the processed junk I was surviving off of (notice I said surviving - not living!) I had so much natural energy that was being stifled by the yucky foods, that I couldn't sit still, I had to move my body or go stir crazy. So the motivation for that came on it's own - that was my next step. Now move the body! Now I can't get enough of moving the body, and I'm always trying to find another slot of time to get in a quick sweat :bigsmile:
  • nette_65
    nette_65 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I suppose people think that because you're in the medical profession that you should know better, if only it was that easy!! I've got a catering background so I know exactly what I should & shouldn't be putting in to my mouth.
    It's not always about the physical aspect of what you eat, I totally believe that it's a mental thing too.
    If as a child, you were told to always finish what was on your plate, you're pre-conditioned to carry on doing that in your adult life, I simply don't have the warning or ignore my brain telling me - actually you're full now and you don't need any more food.
    As an adult we all can make choices or can we? I feel that we can't blame anyone for our eating habits, sure, good & bad things happen to each & everyone of us but if we were to get a group of people together, everyone would react and cope with each situation differently.
    I don't have any magic quick fixes or answers that will make all my problems go away but I think the only person to resolve my issues will be me.
    I don't want to be the size that I am - it makes me really unhappy, totally appalled at what I look like & humiliated that I've continued to let myself carry on & on.
    I want to be me - Nette Watt - but a healthier & slimmer version and there's only me that can get me there.
    Good Luck in your journey - because that's what it is
    Take care - Nette x
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm back people. As I posted in a reply before, this is the 3rd time under a third different name. I start out with the best of intentions, but as they say the road to hell is paved with good intentions. I have got to lose the weight. It's got to go. I know better. I'm a medical professional and I KNOW what it's doing to me. It's frustrating to no end to know that ALL you have to do is burn more than you take in right? Pffft! Fat chance. (yeah ha ha)

It's embarassing really. I need help to keep me motivated and true to myself. Never really asked for it before but if anyone is willing I need it. Whether it be negative or positive... bring it.

Thanks

J

Been there, done that, hence my name on here! Give yourself a pat on the back for coming back again!!! I am almost 49 years old and been coming back and forth to mfp for I don't know how long. Add me if you like, and welcome back!!:smile:
  • FATBOYBGONE
    FATBOYBGONE Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good observation. I flubbed the gender when I made my account. It's right now.