Am new on here, my first time

Options
Hello everyone,
This is my first time on here, am all new to this but I will be giving it a good try. I hope to learn new ways from others that are doing well to help me along the way to a new healthier me.
Annie xxx

Replies

• Cirrusp
    Cirrusp Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi I just stated yesterday and trying to get friends. Add me!!
  • moprice1
    moprice1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have been on here for about a month and things have been great. Feel free to add me
  • Wayne092
    Wayne092 Posts: 23
    Options
    Just a little advise if you don't mind. This is absolutely the best site I have ever found but you get out of it what you put in. Find good friends, and yes, they become friends, who will take this journey with you and encourage you. But this means you need to encourage them too as we are all here for the same reason one way or another which is a better lifestyle and to be healthier. Feel free to add if you are ready for that journey. This site will help you transition from the mentality that it is a marathon and not a sprint. Best of luck to all!
  • christinastokes3
    christinastokes3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Fairly new here too but have had success thus far. One big thing I find is the tracking of the food. Keeps me accountable to myself and I'm the one I'm doing it for. Good luck. Add me if you wish.
  • donnadoo55
    Options
    Hi I'm Donna, my daughter introduced me to this pal!! wow, so far its such an easy program to use and benefit from! and best of all you find support from everyone here! I like it!!
    Add me if you like :flowerforyou:

25447120.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • heatherterp
    heatherterp Posts: 239
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am a little over half way to my goal been here since october but see the 1 year anniversary of this journey just on the horizon. Welcome and enjoy!!!!
  • JanLeb
    JanLeb Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I am have been here for awhile now - on and off unfortunately, but I am now feeling more motivated than I have in a very long time.

I got a fitbit a little over a month ago and I sync it with my MFP and it is really helping to keep me more motivated and move more. I challenge myself to get in at least 10,000 steps a day.

So now that I am back on track and starting to feel better already, feel free to add me if you like!!

Wayne, I love that you say this is a marathon and not a sprint. I am a slow loser, and that has always led to me giving up. But I have changed how I think about this journey now, slow is fine, as long as I am going in the right direction.
  • curtnrod
    curtnrod Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    There are several groups here at MFP for people in our age group, just go to the group section, search word 50, explore the groups and join the ones you feel will be a good source of support and information for your needs. Follow the MFP program, participate in discussions, ask questions, and get supportive friends.

Feel free to add me
  • GoWendy87
    GoWendy87 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hey i also started today and it is my first time

Add me if you like x
  • lstewartce
    Options
    I just started here too. Feel free to add me.
  • Miss0Annie
    Miss0Annie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you Wayne092 for your reply and an even bigger thank you for the information it is sound advise.

I can see you have done very well, a big well done to you.

Today was my first day going public on this site as I have been using it for six days so am at a very early stage with getting on the scales for the first time in the morning since my shock a week ago.

You keep up your fantastic work. Take care Annie x
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Just a little advise if you don't mind. This is absolutely the best site I have ever found but you get out of it what you put in. Find good friends, and yes, they become friends, who will take this journey with you and encourage you. But this means you need to encourage them too as we are all here for the same reason one way or another which is a better lifestyle and to be healthier. Feel free to add if you are ready for that journey. This site will help you transition from the mentality that it is a marathon and not a sprint. Best of luck to all!

^^This! Nicely said. :wink:
  • Miss0Annie
    Miss0Annie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you Curtnrod, I will be looking into that.

A big thank you to everyone who has reply, it is lovely to hear from you all.

Regards
    Annie x
  • curtnrod
    curtnrod Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Thank you Curtnrod, I will be looking into that.

A big thank you to everyone who has reply, it is lovely to hear from you all.

Regards
    Annie x

No worries :)

Sam