Brag About It!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• ALCarpenter615
    Options
    I had the opportunity to have dessert last night, but I thought first and proudly told myself that I didn't need it. :bigsmile:
  • ALCarpenter615
    Options
    Excellent job! Keep up the good work girl. :drinker:
  • InnerCutie
    Options
    tried on a size 8 pants, I have had hanging in the closet for awhile and they fit with very little muffin top.
    I also won the bikini Babe challenge this week..
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    This morning on the elliptical, I did 45 second inetrvals at level 18 and 90 - 120 second recoveries at level 15. I did this for half an hour, I was sweating horribly but I felt amazing!
    Great job Vicky. Remember when you first got the thing? Could you imagine you'd be doing this someday?!?!

When I firts got on the elliptical, I did it in a gym at a hotel I was staying at. That way, if I looked like a fool, I would never have to see the people again. It kicked my butt and now I feel so good after a hard workout on it.
  • abjones80
    Options
    I am so happy you all are enjoying this thread!!! I owe so much to MFP... Since i signed up almost two years ago, i've been on and off the MFP wagon...but this NOV i made a promise, there's no going back!!!
    What i remember when i first started was how discouraged I would get, and I'd read posts here at MFP, to get motivation... but it seemed everyone was looking for the same thing... a cure for taking a step back...and there weren't many posts that talked about the days when we step FORWARD!

I realized i spent a lot of good energy regretting the bad days, the missed work outs, the handful of gummy worms!!!! When I could have been dusting my self off and using that energy on finding a new way to sweat, a better recipe, or just plain time to reflect on the good things I've managed to change....

So I started this thread, to celebrate our good days, and progress. What I love most is that it has become a looking glass into all of our worlds and puts things in such great perspective, I read some goals and think..HOLY COW! if only i could give up soda, or i can't wait to give away the next size in clothes that are too big! I remember when just moving around running errands on a hectic day was HUGE....
    There are so many things we achieve in a day, big and small... give yourself credit for them all. BRAG ABOUT IT!

My brag for today, is that I finally hit single digits on lbs to lose!! 9 left to go!!!
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    My success story....

The back of my thighs are no longer jiggly!!! Plus I was out running errands and ended up starving, needed a snack I pulled into Sonic like always but I ordered a BANANA!!! That was a turning point I am serious. It was just me in the car, no one else would know but I actually didn't want the junk!

Tomorrow is assessment day in boot camp at the gym... I have high hopes
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    My success story....

The back of my thighs are no longer jiggly!!! Plus I was out running errands and ended up starving, needed a snack I pulled into Sonic like always but I ordered a BANANA!!! That was a turning point I am serious. It was just me in the car, no one else would know but I actually didn't want the junk!

Tomorrow is assessment day in boot camp at the gym... I have high hopes
    Good job breezy81!!!!
  • jadenfox
    jadenfox Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Whoo HOO! Its nice to see everyone is doing so well!

As for me, despite having a binge filled weekend, I still lost weight!!!

Check out the ticker!!

284609.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!

I got to buy a new pair of jeans yesterday! I am no longer a size 12, I am now a size 10. Another goal met :smile:

OMG!!! You and I weigh the same and we are the same size...doesn't it feel great!!!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I normally do not weigh until the first of the month, but today is my wedding anniversary and the owner of 'My Curves' was going to be there so I weighed today and I have lost 100 Pounds since joining Curves 7 and 1/2 months ago:happy: :happy:
    The owner was ready with a card and a gift to help pay for new (smaller!) clothes and she immediately put my los up on the message board in red letters.:blushing: I wonder how many calories the Happy Dance burns?
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    My brag for the day is that I went to the new H&M clothing store that just opened and realized I can fit in even the trendy stores now. I am a size 10 and its so hard for me to realize I am not the big girl anymore. A friend of mine put it in perspective for me. When I started I was a size 20...I have literally lost half of me...I am a medium in shirts and my friend has to constantly tell me you are a size medium...why are you going to the larges. It is a great feeling! I love it. Takes some getting used to but its great. I seem to go down a pant size every 2-3 months. Thank goodness my roommate is doing this with me...she is a size higher than I so she gets the clothes that no longer fit me...lucky her she doesn't have to do too much shopping. haha
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I normally do not weigh until the first of the month, but today is my wedding anniversary and the owner of 'My Curves' was going to be there so I weighed today and I have lost 100 Pounds since joining Curves 7 and 1/2 months ago:happy: :happy:
    The owner was ready with a card and a gift to help pay for new (smaller!) clothes and she immediately put my los up on the message board in red letters.:blushing: I wonder how many calories the Happy Dance burns?

That is great congrats on the 100lbs in 7 1/2 months...you are an inspiration
  • lindsay0311
    lindsay0311 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone

I am still having my ups and downs but I have been working hard and dieting hard since about September. On Friday, one of my coworkers told me I looked skinnier...I was THRILLED! We had a potluck that day and I did't eat one thing out there! I ate my usual snacks and meals. I was so proud of myself! My hubby also told me on Saturday that he is noticing my stomach getting flatter! When people tell you this stuff there is no greater feeling when you have worked so hard!

Congrats to everyone else and their successes as well!
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    My brag today is I have lost 11.5 inches total in 4 weeks!!!! 4 inches off each thigh!!

Who-hoo
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I agree, after all of our hard work, we have the right to be proud of ourselves! My journey began at :huh: 244lbs in March 2009. I am now at :happy: 150lbs., and 15lbs away from my goal!!! I know that these last few will be the toughest to get off, but I am determined to do so!!!

Congratulations to everyone, this is something that we deserve to celebrate!!!
  • abjones80
    Options
    HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!!

Oh yeah baby! Knocked out an hour on the elliptical, and then donated canned goods to a local pantry in exchange for an hour spin class!!! Double header today! I did it! AND ON THANKSGIVING!! I'm so determined to eat well tonight.
    Best motivation i read:

Thanksgiving and Christmas is about getting together with your family, not eating yourself to death!

The avergae holiday plate costs us 3000-5000 calories in a sitting!!!!

TIP:
    Get a table (soup) spoon when you get to the dinner table. Scoop just a modest spoonful of each item on your plate. THAT's ENOUGH! Excuse yourself, rinse your plate, and say you cant wait to watch the football game or go be goofy with the kids at the kiddie table!! Both are great excuse to get away from the table! This can save over half the calories!

If nothing else, pass on one thing that you would have ordinarily helped yourself to. Its good practice at being about to say "No thanks!" and great way to boost your willpower!!
  • ALCarpenter615
    Options
    Lost 6 lbs in the first week!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!