Pre-logging Thanksgiving?

Options
Anyone else doing this? I logged what and how much I intend to eat on Thursday. This helps to see where I can cut down on portions to lessen the blow. I want to be able to taste everything. Now I know how much of a "taste" I can have. I have also already logged my exercise so I can't back out.

Since I am hosting for the first time, I will probably be sampling as I cook. So, I will probably go over my calories but I know now that I'm not going to go buckwild.

Replies

• TKelly06
    TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I actually did this three days ago, so I know how many calories I can have the rest of the day. I even know what I'm having for dinner that night.
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I started logging stuff yesterday, both food and exercise. I have most of the Thanksgiving meal planned so now I'm going to figure out what I can manage to eat the rest of the day. I'm determined to still lose weight this week and I think this is going to be the key.
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    yES, I am logging that meal today... Were having a SMALL (thank God) gathering, So we don't have to make alot of food..
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Yup! I logged my breakfast , thanksgiving meal, and desert and my workout... I have around 500 calories for dinner so thats good! I pre log my days every morning so that I know what I am eating and then I just change it if I stray from my plan!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Huh, I hadn't actually thought of that, but its a really good idea!! I'll have to log what I usually eat later and see what the damage is.

I do plan on exercising, maybe that morning, so that'll help out.
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    No way :laugh: I'm eating what I want and not logging anything... Luckily I've been doing this long enough now (as have a lot of us) to know what to eat and when to stop, so it won't be that bad.

I plan fully on enjoying the company of family and not worrying about the 47 calories in every ounce of turkey (or whatever it is :laugh: )
  • katie517
    katie517 Posts: 159
    Options
    No way :laugh: I'm eating what I want and not logging anything... Luckily I've been doing this long enough now (as have a lot of us) to know what to eat and when to stop, so it won't be that bad.

I plan fully on enjoying the company of family and not worrying about the 47 calories in every ounce of turkey (or whatever it is :laugh: )

So jealous! I don't trust myself enough to do that yet. Maybe when I reach my goal weight and learn to maintain ...

Enjoy your Thanksgiving, you deserve it!
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    I just did it. I was brutally honest with myself. Put in the worst case pig out scenario - extra gravy, pumpkin pie with whipped cream, the whole deal. I even put in a sensible breakfast. so...does anyone have any suggestions for burning off about 1,000 extra calories for the day?:noway:
    Yikes!
  • katie517
    katie517 Posts: 159
    Options
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only uber-planner out there. Good luck to everyone and enjoy the day!
  • chgudnitz
    Options
    I just did it. I was brutally honest with myself. Put in the worst case pig out scenario - extra gravy, pumpkin pie with whipped cream, the whole deal. I even put in a sensible breakfast. so...does anyone have any suggestions for burning off about 1,000 extra calories for the day?:noway:
    Yikes!
    Go running... depending on how much you weigh, but a good 7-8 miles will burn that off.
  • chgudnitz
    Options

So jealous! I don't trust myself enough to do that yet. Maybe when I reach my goal weight and learn to maintain ...

Enjoy your Thanksgiving, you deserve it!
    Wow, thank you :flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options

Same here!! I'm working hard for the rest of the week so I can thoroughly and without and reservation ENJOY my Thanksgiving dinner!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Same here!! I'm working hard for the rest of the week so I can thoroughly and without and reservation ENJOY my Thanksgiving dinner!

Me too. I did 50 minutes on the elliptical last night. My dh is getting up early thanksgiving morning to go hunt. I think I might get up with him and hit the elliptical before my babies get up. If I do an hour then I won't feel so bad about what I'm eating.

I do want to add that I did log food, whatever i thought was a 'right' amount and am amazed at what it adds up to. I've never thought about it before, just knew I way overate. I think I'll concentrate on portion size this Thursday to keep it in check a bit. That, and load up eating the veggies while waiting for the main event. I love the raw veggie try anyway.
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I would like to just relax and not worry about it, but that hasn't worked for me lately. I've been losing and gaining the same 5 lbs for a couple of months now. I finally got the 5 off (AGAIN!!!) and one extra. I'm scared that if I don't track, I'll gain. IMO, it is worth the effort if I can manage to still have a loss this week.

I can't wait until next year when I'll hopefully be able to let go and relax!! You guys really do deserve it!!:flowerforyou:
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    I have been so scared of Thanksgiving and all the food that will be set out, staring at me.

I love this idea of pre-logging food. I am going to do that.

I'm going to do my best not to veer off the plan...It won't be easy, but I sure don't want that scale tipping up anymore. And I don't want to feel gross the all day, and the day after from over eating. It's hard to enjoy family and festivities when you've stuffed yourself!
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options

I LOVE IT!!!