Regular yogurt or Greek yogurt?

Options
I've only ever tried regular yogurt and I love it. But I've been hearing a lot of stuff about Greek yogurt lately and I'm thinking I might try it.

Which do you guys perfer?

Replies

• paulmdepoy
    paulmdepoy Posts: 20
    Options
    I like greek yogurt a lot more. Its packed with protein, and the sugar content is a little lower than a lot of the regular yogurts.
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    No matter what kind I get or what I add to it (fruit, nuts, etc) I cannot get on the Greek yogurt wagon. I use it in place of mayo for broccoli salad, and I've used it to bake, but I can't stand the taste.
  • SassieChik03
    SassieChik03 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I like the fat free/light "regular" yogurt option because they taste much better than Greek Yogurt.
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is nutritionally different (better for most fitness goals) less carbs, more protein, no fat. I eat it plain with a natural sweetner like stevia and fruit. It's also great for cooking.

If you like the taste then make the switch.
  • Silverstar46
    Silverstar46 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I like Greek yogurt better because of the protein, but also because it is thicker than regular yogurt so I feel like I ATE something. Also, many of the kinds are 0 fat or at least low-fat and if you're watching that, it's a nice bonus.
  • lesliecriswell
    Options
    I just never really liked yogurt at all, until I tried Oiko's Vanilla...LOVE IT! We buy nothing but greek now, and have also done away with sour cream-using the plain greek yogurt instead. It's rich and creamy and tastes more like a pudding to me. Buy one and try it-then let us know what you think.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I like to use Greek yogurt in place of sour cream when I cook, or in a baked potato. It also make a decent dessert when mixed with sugar free cherry jello, but not the strawberry.
  • lrivera85
    lrivera85 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love Greek yogurt I first started with nonfat flavored Greek yogurt. Now I just eat plain Greek yogurt and add fruit to it.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Greek
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Team Greek Yogurt :)

I find it to be way more filling. I will put fresh fruit and a little granola in it for breakfast, and I'm good to go through all of my morning classes. It's fantastic!
  • MiniCooperDeb
    MiniCooperDeb Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    most definitely greek yogurt. It satisfies like reg. yogurt never could, at least for me.
  • reallyally1
    Options
    Greek yogurt all the way. I love to eat it plain or I mix-in fresh fruit (strawberries and cherries are my favorites). It just tastes so much better and it keeps me full a lot longer.

I can't even eat regular yogurt anymore... it tastes so gross to me. There's so much sugar and other nasty stuff in it. Blegh.
  • phtbtmgrl
    phtbtmgrl Posts: 29
    Options
    To me, Greek yogurt tastes like very lite sour cream, which I guess is why you can use it to replace so many things while cooking. I know it's a better yogurt option, but i just can't get past the taste.
  • misty8parker
    misty8parker Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Definitely Greek. But be careful of yogurts. Plain yogurt with REAL fruit is the way to go. Fruit yogurts have lots of sugar!
  • tubaman58
    tubaman58 Posts: 151
    Options
    You ought to give it a try, more filling but a distinctly different texture
  • the_albino_1
    the_albino_1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I like both, but I am starting to like Greek yogurt a bit more. But I am quite picky about the brand of Greek yogurt I buy. I really have taken a liking to Chobani Greek yogurt.
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I love the Greek, but then again I like tart or sour things. I mix my cereal with it (I don't like milk cause it makes it soggy).
  • tiredmommytales
    tiredmommytales Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The first time I tried Greek I was not a fan. But I'd heard so much about the advantages over regular that I kept trying different kinds until I found what I liked! Now, Greek yogurt is a part of breakfast for me just about every day!
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I like Greek yogurt better because of the protein, but also because it is thicker than regular yogurt so I feel like I ATE something. Also, many of the kinds are 0 fat or at least low-fat and if you're watching that, it's a nice bonus.

AH HA!!! I love how you worded that cause that's exactly how I feel when I eat yogurt!! It tastes good but it didn't make me any more full!