Regular yogurt or Greek yogurt?

Options

Replies

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    oikos PLAIN for me. i hated the taste for the first couple days....now i'm used to it and dont even need to add honey or anything.
    if you can suck it up and deal, i think that's your best option health-wise.
  • srmmacdougall
    Options
    I love all yogurt but greek is my favorite. I eat plain with blueberries for breakfast everyday and what I like is that it keeps me full until snack or lunch. But watch labels because there are a couple with really high fat contents.
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I loves me my greek yogurt.

I'll pour a dab of agave or maple syrup on the surface and stir it up then eat directly from the container.

AWE. SOME.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Why does it have to be either/or ? I like both and just eat whichever I want at the time....:flowerforyou:
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Greek women...I mean yogurt:blushing:
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I always thought Greek Yogurt was regular yogurt with more of the whey drained out of it. A few years back, I think it was Graham Kerr that used it in place of sour cream, by pouring it into cheesecloth, in a strainer, and allowed more of the whey to be released. But I could be wrong.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't have a problem with using artificial sweeteners, so lately I've been opting for 'Light Vanilla' regular yogurt. I can have a container of that for 80 calories.

I went on a Greek kick for a while, but all the flavored kinds (I don't care for plain, unflavored yogurt) were between 140-160 calories, with tons of sugar. I liked the way it tasted, but in the end I decided it just wasn't worth nearly double the calories/sugar as regular light yogurt.

Yes, Greek has more protein, but I can get my protein in other ways.
  • Squiggs67
    Squiggs67 Posts: 178
    Options
    I prefer Greek yogurt. I like it with some unsweetened applesauce and topped with fibre one cereal for a mid morning snack.
  • emisu2
    emisu2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    FULL FAT Greek yogurt.
  • Cravepain
    Cravepain Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have tried Greek yogurt but it wasn't quite my taste. It is also pretty costly and a lot more calories compared to Kroger's Carb Master yogurts I get. I don't really understand the attraction.
  • sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    The only Greek yogurt I like is Chobani, but I like Yoplait light and Dannon Activia as well. Truthfully the sugar content is about the same. I'm gearing back to just eating my Yoplait light and Activia. I add chopped walnuts to it and it fulls me up. Plus it's way more tastier then the Greek.
  • HeathArrow478
    Options
    I love greek yogurt and cannot eat the other anymore because of the texture. I use greek yogurt in everything and I even put a packet of dry ranch into a tub of Stonyfield Oikos plain 0% fat. It has much more protein and less sugar and it fills me up so I'm not constantly hungry.

18379992.png
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt! you can honey and fruit to it! I dont like it plain....but with some honey it is delish!!
  • MLR930
    MLR930 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I used to eat regular but now that I'm eating Chobani I no longer like regular. It doesn't keep me full, has too much sugar and not enough protein.
  • Anonymou5
    Anonymou5 Posts: 92
    Options
    2% fat natural yoghurt 25g's of protein 250cal's

Not a bad post exercise recovery meal.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I love vanilla greek yogurt with a little bit of dark cocoa powder and almonds mixed in.. mmmm.
  • Mysticangel99
    Options
    My favorite is Chobani Pineapple. (Fruit on bottom). It is Greek it is so rich and thick it almost taste like cheesecake. Sometimes I have it for a quick lunch. I also love Oikos Original strawberry. Greek is so good.
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Both! It just depends. Mostly greek anymore depending on the use and the brand. I use greek yogurt instead of sour cream. I take activia light yogurt and turn it into popsicles or stir in berries. Either one makes a good base for smoothies. Just make sure you are not getting one packed with extra sugar!
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I eat Dannon Activia and Greek yogurt...I can't stand other regular yogurts, too sickeningly sweet. I'll use plain Greek yogurt like sour cream, but also flavor it to eat for breakfast.
  • camisetgo
    camisetgo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    LOVE the Chobani Greek Yogurt...its is so filling and satisfying. Pineapple is my FAV.