Regular yogurt or Greek yogurt?

Options

Replies

• Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Chobani strawberry/bannana is my favorite greek yogurt! I sometimes add a little bit of granola and because it's packed with alot of protein, it keeps me full pretty long. It does have a thicker texture then other yogurts, so if u can get past the texture, greek yogurt is the way to go!
  • JennedyJLD
    JennedyJLD Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I like both, but Greek is far better nutritionally. I personally don't mind the tart taste - I love to throw in fruit or granola or honey. If the taste or thickness is an issue for you, try doing what I do sometimes and use it in a smoothie. For instance, this morning I made this smoothie, and it's delicious!

12 oz Simply Orange high pulp orange juice (155 calories)
    2 scoops Herbalife Wild Berry powder (90 calories)
    75 g fresh organic strawberries
    4 oz nonfat strawberry greek yogurt
    50 g fresh banana

All this makes a high-protein, high-potassium, low-fat breakfast with a decent amount of fiber. It'll keep me full through lunch, easily!
  • sugarspell
    sugarspell Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love CHOBANI VANILLA it is almost perfect in every way.
  • HelenCate
    HelenCate Posts: 12
    Options
    I prefer Greek but I make it myself by draining regular yogurt through a funnel.

Here is how: place a coffee filter in the funnel. Place the funnel in the top of a glass or some container and then put your yogurt in the filter-lined funnel. Cover the top with Saran wrap and refrigerate. The liquid drains out into the container, and a couple hours later: voila! Greek yogurt and for a lot less than store bought.

Then I add fresh fruit--yummy!!
  • HelenCate
    Options
    That sounds delish!
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    ONLY Fage for me. Or siggi's skyr!
  • Elisac2008
    Elisac2008 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i think they all taste a little different. i have chobani and yoplait right now in my fridge. Yoplait is my current favorite.
  • HelenCate
    Options
    Thanks for the great ideas for using it. I have never put it in place of sour cream or mayo.I might try it in homemade cole slaw!
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm really excited to get me some Greek yogurt!!!!
  • CindyM0605
    CindyM0605 Posts: 18
    Options
    I don't like the Greek yogurt. I've tried it twice, and I just can't like it. I don't know if it's the consistency or what... :/
  • Spudeata
    Spudeata Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is hands down my favorite - I love how easily it can go savory or sweet! Just this morning I had Fage 0% Plain Greek Yogurt with a little honey, blueberries and strawberries and some granola - great hot summer breakfast! But it's great in place of mayonnaise or sour cream in a lot of circumstances too (slaws, tuna salad, etc.).

^^^ This - I'm definitely Team Greek :happy:
  • bserwack
    bserwack Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of greek yogurt, weird taste! However, I have just got some that I actually like! They are actually advertised for kids, and are called "Champions". I like the flavor and they are the perfect size! 100cals per yogurt.
  • tinytoyjess
    tinytoyjess Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Chobani all the way baby. I buy it in bulk at BJs and eat one every morning.

I have no desire to eat "regular" yogurt again.
  • kaylarachellee
    kaylarachellee Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Love the taste of plain greek yogurt yum yum!!! Id eat it everyday! I like the texture ;)
  • WonderCort
    WonderCort Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, I love it.
  • Fairieluv77
    Options
    Greek! I just discovered Fage 0%. My favorites are the blueberry acai and cherry pomegrante. I used to eat Chobani but stumbled upon a blog saying that Fage was the absolute best. I thought, no way, but I'll give it a try. Now I'm hooked.
  • Beana21
    Beana21 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've tried about 4 different Greek yogurt brands but I can't tolerate it unless I mix it with fruit to make a smoothie. Otherwise it makes me gag. I think it's a texture thing because it is so thick.
  • nolakris
    nolakris Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I like both, but I mostly eat Greek these days. I opt for the plain Greek with stevia (or agave or maple syrup) and fresh fruit. It makes a great breakfast.
  • drewols
    drewols Posts: 77
    Options
    Definitely Greek yogurt. Use it very frequently to make my tuna salad with some dijon, lemon juice and celery
  • Bug207
    Bug207 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    GREEK. PROTEIN. CHOBANI.