How to get rid of the fat around the muscle

Options
Hi,
I joined MFP in May 2012 and started logging my calories/ eating sensibily and started going to the gym. I started cardio cuz thats all I had ever known and done. Then I came across the group EM2WL and weight training. Most of the success stories were of girls who had lost tons of weight and by WT.

I then changed by focus from cardio to WT. I started NROLFW 4 weeks ago. I WT twice a week and cardio (ie swimming/zumba) 1 -2 times a week.
Also after WT I do 20mins of cardio on the treadmill.

Its only been 5 sessions of NROLFW and I have already seen a lump in my bicep. That is only when I flex tho. You cant see it otherwise. Ie I have definitely put on muscle but its hidden cuz the fat is still surrounding.

Also I initially lost 5lb when I was doing cardio only and since then there has been no scale movement. I have lost a few inches around my bust, waist, tummy.

My question is why am I not losing the fat. Is it too soon? Will it happen in the weeks to come? Or do I need to do intense cardio? The reason I swim is that its at a good pace ie not to intense, so that my muscles can repair themselves from the day before.

Thank you.

Replies

• LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Here is an article on swimming and weight-loss and fatty deposits. You may find it interesting:

http://muscleevo.net/swimming-for-weight-loss/
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what you're doing, give it some more time, and your commitment will pay off. The scale may not have budged, but that's because you are replacing fat with muscle. You are losing inches, and that's what really matters.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Keep up what you're doing and keep your diet in check. The only way to rid of the fat around the muscle is to burn more calories than you take in.
  • beenisafe
    beenisafe Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I havent lost inches for 4 weeks now. So no scale movement nor loss of inches. But I thought after WL ur body keeps on burning cals for a few hours or so. Also Am eating at my TDEE-15% ie so am not over eating. Also eating 40%/30%/30% carbs/protein/fat.
    Also the 20 min cardio after WL is suppose to burn the fat right????