How true

Options
howtrue-1.jpg

Came across this, hope you like it.

Replies

• 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    That's great! I really miss Calvin & Hobbes! Bill Watterson was a genius. We bought all of his books but now they're at one of our sons' home. We'd give him the latest book for Christmas each year so when he "left the nest" he took them with him. As Calvin would say, "Rats!"
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • blackiris49
    blackiris49 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    That's great! I really miss Calvin & Hobbes! Bill Watterson was a genius. We bought all of his books but now they're at one of our sons' home. We'd give him the latest book for Christmas each year so when he "left the nest" he took them with him. As Calvin would say, "Rats!"
    Glad you liked it. I didn't know who the character was, just found it on a site when I was looking for values for melokhia (Jew's mellow). (www.bakesmith.co.in/whychooseus.php) There are a couple more of the cartoons on the same page of the link if you like, also some interesting info on fats.
  • 34at35
    Options
    Glad you liked it. I didn't know who the character was, just found it on a site when I was looking for values for melokhia (Jew's mellow). (www.bakesmith.co.in/whychooseus.php) There are a couple more of the cartoons on the same page of the link if you like, also some interesting info on fats.

For all of you youngsters out there who don't know who Calvin & Hobbes were here's a little info about their creator Bill Watterson and them. Calvin was a 6 yr old with a vivid imagination and a brain developed far beyond his years. His stuffed tiger, Hobbes, and he played together with Hobbes oftenproviding common sense and social insights to counterbalance Calvin's exuberance towards life. Together they made for some of the most entertaining and funny comic strip humor in America.

Bill Watterson's comic strip, "Calvin and Hobbes," is the engaging chronicle of a six-year-old's psyche. The strip, first syndicated in 1985, was carried in more than 2,400 newspapers when it ceased publication January 1, 1996.

"Calvin and Hobbes" clearly has gained worldwide appeal: More than 23 million "Calvin and Hobbes" books are in print, and each of the 14 book collections has been a million-seller within the first year of publication. The most recent collection, "The Calvin and Hobbes Tenth Anniversary Book," was published in the fall of 1995 by Andrews McMeel and rose to number one on the New York Times best-seller list. It remained on best-seller lists across the country for weeks after publication.

In 1986, Bill became the youngest person to win the prestigious Reuben Award for "Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year" from the National Cartoonists Society. He won the award again in 1988, and also was nominated for the honor in 1992.

In a letter to newspaper editors announcing his retirement, Watterson stated: "This is not a recent or easy decision, and I leave with some sadness. My interests have shifted, however, and I believe I've done what I can do within the constraints of daily deadlines and small panels. I am eager to work at a more thoughtful pace, with fewer artistic compromises. I have not yet decided on future projects, but my relationship with Universal Press Syndicate will continue."

And for those of you who do and miss them like we do, here's a link to swhere you can re-read them on-line: http://www.marcellosendos.ch/comics/ch/index.html

Hope you enjoy them!
  • blackiris49
    blackiris49 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I've just been to the link.
    I loved the cartoons.I think my kids will love them too. :happy:
    I,m not that young, but being a Brit most are unfamilar to me.
    Certainly brought a smile to my face and reminds me a lot of my two lads. :laugh:
  • 34at35
    Options
    I'm glad you liked them. Our two boys are now 31 and 28. Every year we would get them the newest anthology published. So they had the whole collection. BUT THEY TOOK THEM WITH THEM WHEN THEY "LEFT THE NEST"! As Calvin would say, "Rats!"