Hate Fat Calories!

Options
So, I thought I ate well for breakfast this morning, but I almost used my daily allowance of fat. Doesn't help eating ground Italian sausage for breakfast even it it's a half a cup. Grrrh!

Does this ever happen to you...?

Replies

• ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I go over my fat goal most days because of nuts, avocados, and pb. and occasionally other stuff.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    So, I thought I ate well for breakfast this morning, but I almost used my daily allowance of fat. Doesn't help eating ground Italian sausage for breakfast even it it's a half a cup. Grrrh!

Does this ever happen to you...?
    No, because I changed my macros to reflect what I eat.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    No, it never happens to me. I get about 40% of my daily calories from fat.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Doesn't help eating ground Italian sausage for breakfast even it it's a half a cup. Grrrh!

I think you know how to solve this problem.
  • faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Doesn't help eating ground Italian sausage for breakfast even it it's a half a cup. Grrrh!

• faithchange
    Options
    If I "totally" knew how to fix it...uh...I wouldn't be posting this here. I guess I shouldn't have eaten the sausage. I do see what others eat, ie. nuts, avocados, ect...are good fats to be over on.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options

Just dont eat the sausage, eat something thats a better source of fat. What about oily fish?

Though, as yarwell said, if youre eating a higher fat diet, just ignore it or change your macros :)
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Pre-entering foods will help with that. If you'd entered first, you could've said 'holy cow! I guess I'll have a quarter-cup instead and save the other half for tomorrow!'
  • faithchange
    Options
    Yah, I was eating a 20% fat diet, and upped it to 30%, so hoping 10% more will not hurt. Most days I'm over on fat...so maybe that's what I need to do. I did lose 2 lbs since last weigh in, so something is happening right. LOL!

Thanks
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    A half cup of sausage is a lot of sausage. Sausage (and many higher fat foods) can pack a flavor punch in a smaller amt. Try having just an oz or two on occasion to satisfy for flavor and mouth feel. But yes, healthier fats are a better choice on a regular basis. And they also pack flavor and mouth feel punches.
  • faithchange
    Options
    Your right. Yesterday, I really felt weird during my workout, so I felt like if I ate more balanced protein, and carbs I'd feel more able today. I learned...believe me! It could have still been worse, that's for sure.
  • faithchange
    Options
    Here's to a healthier rest of the day and a good workout ahead to help balance things out. Thanks everyone for your help and understanding.

:)
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I need to keep my fat intake to around 25-35%, sometimes slightly higher to keep myself feeling sane. If I eat very low fat, I tend to be really hungry, constipated and miserable. It's also a sure way to induce binges for me. I have my fat set at 30% and this is usually plenty. Most days I come in under that, but I occasionally go over. I don't worry about it as long as I stay in my calories.
  • faithchange
    Options
    I need to keep my fat intake to around 25-35%, sometimes slightly higher to keep myself feeling sane. If I eat very low fat, I tend to be really hungry, constipated and miserable. It's also a sure way to induce binges for me. I have my fat set at 30% and this is usually plenty. Most days I come in under that, but I occasionally go over. I don't worry about it as long as I stay in my calories.
  • faithchange
    Options
    Thank you for elaborating on that. I didn't want to ruin my potential weight loss. You could say, I'm feeling pretty guilty about my sausage eating...lol. Planning for some lean fats for the rest of my day or non fat items. Thanks!
  • kristi5224
    kristi5224 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    a calorie is a calorie, the fat ones don't have much bulk.:smokin:
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Try Jimmy Dean - Turkey Sausage Crumbles 1/4 C is 2g fat! and it is pre cooked, ready to go in your eggs or omelet!!