Major NSV - No more Sleep Apnea

Options
I don't snore anymore!

Two years ago when I weighed about 275, I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. Of course the treatment for sleep apnea is a CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) machine that forces air into your breathing passages to prevent the throat from collapsing while you sleep. After several months of trying to adjust to the machine, I gave up and quit using it. Since then, due to our incompatible work/sleep schedules and my sleep apnea induced snoring, my wife and I have generally slept separately except for on the weekends. Today was my first day off in three weeks (I'm a convenience store manager and I've been training a new assistant manager) so last night was my first in my wife's bed in those three weeks. She told me this morning that I didn't snore at all last night. I apparently slept so soundly that she didn't even realize I was there.

If you been diagnosed with sleep apnea, please be encouraged. Keep on working. Keep on losing and maybe you can ditch your CPAP machine as well!

Replies

• Misskacy1988
    Options
    That's really great. I'm a sleep tech and you wouldn't believe how many people never use there machines and then complain about "they are still tired". Congrats on not having sleep apnea anymore. I know its a pretty nice to have to not have to sleep with your machine anymore.
  • Fasbold
    Fasbold Posts: 29
    Options
    Great Job! Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!