New here! : )

Options
Hey all! I'm trying to get my profile and friends list going as I try to stay motivated! I got divorced about a year and a half ago and joined Weight Watchers and was VERY successful, but then met the love of my life and gained every pound back...now wedding bells are ringing and it's time for me to feel good about myself!

I would love to get some connections going and make some friends for accountabilty and venting!

Replies

• elizabethdoop
    elizabethdoop Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a newbie in the same boat. Planning a wedding is like a second full time job. Staying healthy has been put on the back burner while I slave away at my career. Lets just say I could use a friend to help with modivaiton. When is your big day?
  • Kalanisme
    Kalanisme Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a newbie in the same boat. Planning a wedding is like a second full time job. Staying healthy has been put on the back burner while I slave away at my career. Lets just say I could use a friend to help with modivaiton. When is your big day?
    Hey there! No set date here, mid 2013! I know what you mean about the backburner though, I've been working so many hours that it's so easy to just grab fast food and shovel it down and pretend it never happened!
  • elizabethdoop
    elizabethdoop Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I absolutly agree! I commute over an hour to and from work everyday and lets just say by the time I get home I could care less about healthy and focus on quick and easy.
  • Kandy0202
    Kandy0202 Posts: 32
    Options
    feel free to add me and congrats on the wedding!
  • rachaee
    rachaee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Aww you give me hope that I will get over this heartbreak (first love-the worst!) and be happy! Congratulations both of you...and feel free to add me id love to support your progress! :)
  • mistressmambo
    mistressmambo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    congrats on your upcoming wedding..
  • cookjl124
    cookjl124 Posts: 14
    Options
    congrats, so glad you found love again,

new here too, would love to make some positive people to work towards our similar goals...
  • Kalanisme
    Options
    Aww you give me hope that I will get over this heartbreak (first love-the worst!) and be happy! Congratulations both of you...and feel free to add me id love to support your progress! :)

Aww honey there's always hope! I'm only 24 and I was married for almost 5 years...I thought my life was over...on top of being over weight I was depressed and lonely. My saving grace was finding the courage to get my butt up, lose the weight (initially) and fall in love all over again. Have faith!
  • Kalanisme
    Options
    I absolutly agree! I commute over an hour to and from work everyday and lets just say by the time I get home I could care less about healthy and focus on quick and easy.

Same here! And I find it so easy to fall back into the routine of "cheap and fast"...like even if I take the time to cook it's still not healthy...so I'm having to make a definite lifestyle change. I need to find less expensive way of healthy grocery shopping!
  • kbutlerrvt
    kbutlerrvt Posts: 41
    Options
    Planning a wedding and getting in shape to look good for ours (April 21st, 2103) was my initial goal. Now it is pride and determination that keeps me going! (Although, I have to say trying on my dress and realizing that already I need to get it altered smaller wasn't too bad! Feel free to add me!!
  • jtkwood
    jtkwood Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congrats! And feel free to add me.
  • missionpossible2013
    missionpossible2013 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: hi, im new to site. My name is Tara and im very excited to be here and im excited to see what i eat on a daily bases. So far its a lot of stuff that i dont need. I need something to motivate me to work out. I try to motivate myself but i have no success.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I've been on the boards only a few months and need all the friends and motivation I can get to get this last bit of weight off. Would love to add all y'all or have y'all add me =)
  • Kalanisme
    Options
    I tried to add everyone that didn't add me first! If I missed you accidently please feel free to send over a request : )
    Thank you for your responses!
  • halceion
    halceion Posts: 11
    Options
    i also did weight watchers and now trying to stick to MFP. feel free to add me.
  • lollilady
    lollilady Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hi im jackie and i just cancelled my weightwatchers, please feel free to add or give me a few pointers i only joined mfp yesterday
  • maryanntanis
    Options
    Hello there,
    My name is Maryann and I just left the work nurse and I need to get motivated to eat better for myself as well as for the family. I am a nurse and have really let myself go. Help me get on the right path and stay away from the junk.