need motivation for insanity

Options
Hi I just recently purchased insanity and was so excited. I have been working out for the past two month and getiing back in shape. I just completed slim in 6 and knew insanity was hard but thought I could push myself. Well I did the first two days and Im so aggravated. I barely could do any of them and I am losing motivation. I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem and if they got better or am I just too out of shape to do insanity

Replies

• cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Search insanity results in the forum posts.....some of those after photos are great motivation
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Just keep pushing through! You'll get stronger, be more flexible, and your cardio will dramatically improve after just a couple of weeks.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity last March and stuck through almost 2 weeks. I was DYING! I was happy to get through the warm-ups and felt I wasn't "doing enough" to see results. I stopped Insanity to focus on my running again. I dropped 12 mins off my half marathon time! I know it was doing something. My half marathons were only 2 months apart and I know it wasn't my running program that did that!
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I lose motivation every 2-3 weeks. I just go on YouTube and look up Insanity results and I'm good as new. I'm on Week 4 and I'm already stronger and can do 300% more pullups than I could initially do at the start of Insanity.
  • hollyhock21
    Options
    I am going to start insanity tonight. I started to do hip hop abs 3 weeks ago but became bored doing the same two videos. I don not have much spare time so at home video's are the best. I am hoping to stick it out but I also need some serious motivation!
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I just started as well. (finally) The videos are the motivation. Well, we will see what I say after doing more than 1 workout! :-) Work hard, rest when you need to, you will get results
  • hicksanna1921
    Options
    thanks everyone i wasnt sure if it was just me. its so hard but after i do it i feel alot better i just hope i can develop more stamina and be able to push myself harder
  • Gerlaine
    Gerlaine Posts: 4
    Options
    I stared insanity 7 days ago. After completing the 6th day i lost my motivation. it is so damn hard :sad:
    but my friend who is doing insanity as well is in her 5th week and dropped 9 pounds and looks great.

i wanted to see changes right away but obviously that's not gonna happen. but if i look at her how great she looks, that makes the pain worth it... so let's go and look sexy :happy:
  • healthierheather
    healthierheather Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity for 2 weeks and then got very sick with asthma and bronchitis so I had to stop. I also wasn't seeing the results that I was hoping for so I have decided that I need to do something else, for now. My problem is that I am very overweight (226 right now) and I am not in great shape so I know that I am not burning the calories doing Insanity that I can doing Turbo Fire, Turbo Jams and/or Zumba. (I have a HRM so I know) I think once I drop 30 lbs and I am in much better shape that Insanity will work better for me. It's only becase I am so out of shape that some exercises I can only get 2 or 3 done in the time frame when they are doing 15-20 on the DVD. If I am moving more then I will burn more.
    Insanity is great though! Do it, you won't be sorry.
  • newmrsdec10
    newmrsdec10 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    You will get better at it! I'm in week 5, recovery week and it has been amazing. It doesn't get easier, but you improve. I sent you a friend request. I have added lots of MFPers who are doing Insanity and they are a great help in the day to day. Check out the daily thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/641116-insanity-updates-progress-new-group It's in the Fitness and Exercise section.

Keep pushing play!