Fairly New

Options
Hi. My name is Jeanne. I joined a while ago to make it easier to count my calories but unfortunately I lack willpower. I find it hard to stay on track with proper eating habits when I am at work all day and the majority of good-for-you foods are fresh. I guess I am a bit lazy too. Anyway, I am trying to change all that and I have started reading a couple books called Crack the Fat-Loss Code and Conquer the Fat-Loss Code. I am thinking of trying this approach out but would like to know if anyone else has tried this lady's approach and what the results were. Thanks for taking the time to listen.

Replies

• LABONTEM
    Options
    Hi Jeanne,
    Haven't read either of the books so I can't be of any help there. I did find the Flat-Belly Diet book very helpful. I still try to stick fairly close to it, but am only following it generally now, and am still getting results.

I can relate to it being hard to plan healthy meals while at work. I've started going to the grocery store once a week and stocking up on healthy foods that I can leave at work. Apples, raisins, and sunflower seeds (have to watch the quanties) are great healthy snacks to leave at your desk. If you have access to any refrigerator space low-fat string cheese and the pre-peeled baby carrots are good choices. I keep some low-fat low-sodium soups and some 3 oz. canned tuna under my desk. I do all this ahead of time so when I'm feeling like going for the office chocolate or heading to the vending machine I have other choices available to me.

It takes time to break old habits. If you still go for the chocolate bar 1 out of 3 times you wanted it, that's still 2 out of 3 times you resisted!! :smile:

Good luck on your weight loss journey, and remember, you're going to get out of it what you put into it!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options
    Good old calories in / calories out works every time. And so simple. Just do it. Like LABONTEM said, make small changes as you can, all this doesn't come at once and you just want to be moving toward healthier choices in all areas of your life.

Good luck.
  • tkdlady
    tkdlady Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I do keep a refrigerator in my office and do pick up snacks but I don't think they are the best choices. I do have carrots in there and water. I will try to find better snacks. I appreciate your input. The books have given me more insight as to how my body works at least and some good tips for eating better. Thanks again.