Too many recipes to try

Options
Amberh82
Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
what do you do when you have too many recipes you want to try and don't know which one to cook next? anyone have a method for choosing one?

Replies

• Elo99
    Elo99 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I plan out weekly what I'll be making for dinner. Each week I try 2 new recipes that I've found on the forums here or on pinterest and if they work and the fiance likes them then I add them in to the rotation!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Number them and roll the dice!
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Check the grocery sales ads. Match items on sale with recipes that you have which include those items.
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Which ever requires the least amount of work and sounds relatively good. :laugh:

I'm making that cauliflower crust thing tomorrow.
  • trm981
    trm981 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Look for ones that have overlapping ingredients and group them up, then plan them out for the week. For example, I don't keep things like cabbage or cilantro around all the time. So when I do buy them I make sure I have recipes planned out that will use all of it during the week so they don't go to waste. Like baked egg rolls filled with cabbage one night, and fish tacos topped with cabbage slaw the next night. Or for cilantro, spicy sausage cilantro soup one night, and then salmon topped with mango salsa (tons of cilantro in the salsa). This also works for if a recipe calls for something like a tablespoon or two of tomato paste. I make sure to find a recipe that uses the rest of the can to eat later in the week so it doesn't sit in the fridge and spoil.

This is how I do it! Hope it helps.
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    I plan out our meals weekly based on what I already have on hand, so whatever is in the kitchen determines which new recipe gets picked.

I recently threw out a bunch of recipes I haven't tried. I had a folder full of pages torn out of magazines. Most of these had been in there for a year or more, so I figured if I wanted to try it that bad, I would have already.
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Number them and roll the dice!

I seriously have thought about this before lol