zumba at home?

Options
hi guys i just wanted to know if anyone has attempted zumba at home and what were your experiences and results! im thinking of doing it in the comfort of my own home so thoughts would be appreciated :)

Replies

• mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I have it for the Wii and do it on occasion, but for me, it's much better with the interation I get in my class. I like being in the group, I like the funny comments, the encouragement, etc.

But if you are not interested in that, you can still get a good burn at home. Just following the video will do the job, however, I don't find it as much fun.. and sometimes I feel silly dancing it up in my living room.
  • tmos512
    tmos512 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have done the class, DVDs, and the XBOX 360 game. The class is GREAT for getting extra motivation. I liked the DVDs but they got old after a while. I'm not much for working out, so the XBOX 360 game is a great option for me to have fun while exercising, but not having it feel like exercise.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    Big fan of wii zumba 2 - not "brave" enough for the class experience yet!
  • javagirl61
    Options
    I've done all - live class, videos, wii and now xbox. Classes are great - but around here they are packed and there isn't enough room to really enjoy it which is a shame because I like the interaction as well.

The wii and xbox offer variety and as you get better you get additional songs, etc. You also have the option to do classes (short, medium and long) or just song / routine selections. They tell you approx. how many calories you've burned too. Not too sure how accurate - but it does motivate you.

My least favorite was the video - got bored fast with routines.
  • brentdaniels
    brentdaniels Posts: 127
    Options
    My daughter has found a bunch of Zumba videos on YouTube and she does it most every day. I have joined her once and it was a great workout.
  • ludeo
    ludeo Posts: 75
    Options
    ive been doing the wii game the first one,when i did it every day i lost a few kilos so that was good,i got bored with it and had a rough patch and stopped going on myfitness pal. anyway im back into doing zumba on the wii and im loving it again,helps to do different exercises every day so you dont get bored. im going to get the dvds soon as well.
    feel free to add me guys !
  • Moniqua1
    Moniqua1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm a big zumba freak! I have it for the kinect but enjoy the classes MUCH more! I only use the game when they don't have class!

As a matter of fact, I'm going to get certified asap! That's how much I love it!
  • tempestrising
    Options
    Love Zumba at home. Classes here too packed..couldn't enjoy it that way. Now I have the game for Xbox..REally Fun!!