Starting TurboFire

Options
Hi everyone! I started TurboFire yesterday and decided to begin a blog to correspond with it in case anyone is interested in the program or would just like some extra motivation from someone else who is on the same journey. If you've done TF, are doing TF, or are thinking about doing TF, here is my blog:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/michelle_mareshfuehrer

:)

Replies

• megntranr
    megntranr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!!!!
  • eku_chica
    eku_chica Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It is a wonderful program! Chalene is a great motivator. It is by far the most fun and most intense workout I've ever done! At first I didn't think anything could beat zumba, but this is like Zumba mixed with Kickboxing, and kicked up about 5 notches. Have fun!!
  • Ayirela
    Ayirela Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Very cool! I just started TF Prep schedule yesterday! I'll totally go read your blog. I'd love to blog but I don't even know what to write or anything blog related :)
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Are you taking advantage of the 30-day free Trial Offer on the Turbo Fire Challenge Pack?
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    what equipment is required for these workouts?
  • katilynnegray
    katilynnegray Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bump
  • owneverychoice
    owneverychoice Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Did you spend time learning the moves, or did you jump right into the program? Considering getting turbofire, but I'm wondering how long it takes to really get started. Thanks!
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'm doing TurboFire and love it! Still trying to get used to the moves but other than that it's super fun and I always feel like I'm getting a great workout. I just did fire 55 class today. Boy that had me sweating!

To answer a previous poster about what equipment is needed, all you need is a resistance band for the strength training classes that Chalene does.
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I purchased Turbo Fire and did it for a month. I like the program because I enjoy kickboxing as a great quick calorie burn, but I personally got bored with it quickly. Oddly enough, I think I still enjoy running a little more and am continuing to train to run more race. I DID notice that my cardio endurance increased from doing the program--meaning I could run my usual distance and I wasn't AS tired as I was before TF. I didn't like the strength training--I just wasn't feeling the soreness that I wanted--and I couldn't really get my resistance band to work for me. I DO still use TF in conjunction to my other workouts, for instance I use her HIIT workouts as a pre-workout to my weight training days and do 30 minutes of TF to add extra cardio on my shorter running days.

But everyone is different--so good luck on the program! Hopefully it works for you better than it did for me.

And in response to the other poster: if you buy the whole program--the resistance band is mailed with the program, so no need to go out and buy anything else.
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Did you spend time learning the moves, or did you jump right into the program? Considering getting turbofire, but I'm wondering how long it takes to really get started. Thanks!

The first two classes, I did the "New to class" workout, but after that, I just jumped right into the program. I started the program the day I got it in the mail. It's pretty easy to follow along to and the majority of the time she calls out the moves for you so you know what's coming next.
  • lkarinal
    lkarinal Posts: 107
    Options
    The equipment needed comes with the DVD set. About Turbo Fire, I have an endless reasons why you SHOULD DO IT! I've always been a chubby girl and I mean it. Turbo Fire helped me be in the shape of my entire life and cannot be more thankful to this workout. It helped me gain enough stamina to RUN, right now I'm doing a C25K/Chalean Extreme (strenght training) hybrid and feel so alive and strong!

Happy Burning and best of luck in this journey :smile:
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm actually doing my 2nd round of Chalean Extreme and when I am done will be starting TurboFire....once I complete that I am planning on doing a hybrid of the 2!! Good luck to you!
  • mmessinger0718
    mmessinger0718 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is my fave workout! I love TurboFire. Chalean is a great motivator and before I know it the workout is done and I'm drenched. Good luck in your journey! I would recommend this workout to anyone that can keep up with a fast paced workout.
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    michelle_mareshfuehrer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!!!!

Thank you!!
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    Options
    It is a wonderful program! Chalene is a great motivator. It is by far the most fun and most intense workout I've ever done! At first I didn't think anything could beat zumba, but this is like Zumba mixed with Kickboxing, and kicked up about 5 notches. Have fun!!

Thank you! I am really excited--I love to dance, so I usually struggle with staying interested in other types of workouts, but this seems to be the solution!
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    Options
    Very cool! I just started TF Prep schedule yesterday! I'll totally go read your blog. I'd love to blog but I don't even know what to write or anything blog related :)

I felt the same about blogging until I started this and figured since it's a 90 day challenge, I could blog for 90 days to stay accountable. Good luck with the Prep!
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    Options
    Good luck! Are you taking advantage of the 30-day free Trial Offer on the Turbo Fire Challenge Pack?

Thank you! I bought TF about 2 months ago--is the Challenge Pack different?
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    Options
    what equipment is required for these workouts?

The package came with toning band with handles and a thigh-sculpting band *basically resistance bands*, but I don't think anything else is required!
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    Options

I jumped right in! There were a few combos where I had to stop and think for just a second to pick it up, but other than that no big deal. The DVD does have a "new to class" option where she breaks them down if need be, but I haven't used it yet!
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    Options
    I'm doing TurboFire and love it! Still trying to get used to the moves but other than that it's super fun and I always feel like I'm getting a great workout. I just did fire 55 class today. Boy that had me sweating!

To answer a previous poster about what equipment is needed, all you need is a resistance band for the strength training classes that Chalene does.

Good luck with your journey! How long have you been doing TF? Have you seen results (not just weight, but energy, flexibility, etc)?