vanilla extract in plain greek yogurt?

Options
Pucker508
Pucker508 Posts: 67 Member
Has anyone added their own vanilla extract to plain greek yogurt? Was it a success? How much do you add to, let's say, a 6 ounce cup of chobani plain yogurt?

Thanks!

Replies

• darkheart
    darkheart Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have done it! I'll usually throw in some fruit and/or granola. Just add 1/2 tsp, that usually works for me. Make sure to mix it up well!
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I haven't, but I would think 1/4 tsp with a tsp of honey would be great. I don't usually buy flavored yogurt, I eat it plain or add something like jam or unsweetened coconut flakes to it.
  • Pucker508
    Pucker508 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have done it! I'll usually throw in some fruit and/or granola. Just add 1/2 tsp, that usually works for me. Make sure to mix it up well!
    [/quote

Do you add honey or any other sweetener as well with the vanilla?]
  • FatStoatLondon
    FatStoatLondon Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've done it and it's lovely. I use a liquid artificial sweetener along with it. I can't tell you how much to use because your tastes will differ to mine, but just go for a few drops of both and mix well until you reach your perfect blend. Great with raspberries :)
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    vanilla flavored sweeteners work well for this. My local Wal Mart sells a vanilla flavored syrup in the coffee section that is also available as a sugar free. I mix it along with some fresh fruit. Crystal light drink mix also works pretty well if you like lemon.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I also like to add the Torani sugar free syrups to add flavor - lots of choices available!
  • darkheart
    darkheart Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'll add honey, truvia, agave or a combo of any of those! Sometimes if I want a fruity yogurt but don't have fruit around, I'll throw in some low sugar/ no sugar added preserves. Tastes just as good as the premade sugary yogurts!
  • lorithea
    lorithea Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would suggest Oikos vanilla. Oikos has a regular Dannon line and an organic Stoneyfield line. Definitely get the organic one. The ingredients are all pure, clean, and the taste is amazing. It is not very sweet....it's just a light fresh flavor.
  • TransformerOfYoungMinds
    Options
    Sugar-free Torani syrup + Stevia!!!

Torani has a ton of s-f flavors.... peanut butter, coconut, salted caramel, black cherry, etc.

I could never eat greek yogurt before doing this... now I love it!