cabbage soup diet

Options
ive just started the cabbage soup diet day one and im already getting headachs i fell of the wagon a few weeks back as i had a break out of a cronic skin condition and the diet went out the windo this cabbage diet is only a kick start to get me back on track its only for a week and i should lose quite a few pounds i was just woundering if anyone had been on this diet b4 and how did it go for you what were yor side affects if any and did you manage to keep it off. iam planing to return to my usual cals on here that iam ment to stick to so i dont think in will put it all back on well here hopen:tongue:

Replies

• vramage
    vramage Posts: 28
    Options
    ive just started the cabbage soup diet day one and im already getting headachs i fell of the wagon a few weeks back as i had a break out of a cronic skin condition and the diet went out the windo this cabbage diet is only a kick start to get me back on track its only for a week and i should lose quite a few pounds i was just woundering if anyone had been on this diet b4 and how did it go for you what were yor side affects if any and did you manage to keep it off. iam planing to return to my usual cals on here that iam ment to stick to so i dont think in will put it all back on well here hopen:tongue:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but I'm going to seem really opinionated here.

Anything you lose on a "crash/fad diet" will come right back on.

As far as side effects go, I had a co-worker who tried this diet once, and he had to quit after three days because (how to put this delicately) no one could stand to be near him.

If you feel sick, this is a big sign that your body is unhappy with you.

Why not make your body happy by eating healthy foods in sensible portions and exercising? It is truly the only real secret to losing weight.

(sorry if I sound mean, but I really just want everyone to be healthy and happy.):flowerforyou:
  • fitn40
    fitn40 Posts: 17
    Options
    I have been on this diet b4 and the only side effect I had was a little gas. It works...but just for a jump start - a couple of days no more. There are also some other soups that have very low calories but more protein. Like veggie chili - or the WW vegetable soup - YUM! If you need a recipe...just let me know. Good luck!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but I'm going to seem really opinionated here.

Anything you lose on a "crash/fad diet" will come right back on.

As far as side effects go, I had a co-worker who tried this diet once, and he had to quit after three days because (how to put this delicately) no one could stand to be near him.

If you feel sick, this is a big sign that your body is unhappy with you.

Why not make your body happy by eating healthy foods in sensible portions and exercising? It is truly the only real secret to losing weight.

(sorry if I sound mean, but I really just want everyone to be healthy and happy.):flowerforyou:

Amen to that!!!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    If you consider it a diet, it won't work.
    Consider it a lifestyle change - and if its not something you think you can do for the rest of your life, you're doomed to gain the weight back eventually, or not stick with it long enough to even lose the weight. Basically, your behaviors landed you here in this community, a quick fad won't fix the real issue... its a little bandaid. The real goal is to change the behaviors which takes time, effort, and a real dedication to yourself. You deserve to have the body you want, so give it the effort it deserves.

Sorry, i'll get off the soapbox :)

It works supposedly, but again, fad diets aren't going to help you see long term change.
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    I tried this diet 12 years ago with my roommate, we lasted about 1 day and we were crabby as all get out!:grumble: :explode: :angry: :mad: !! Not to mention fighting over our 1 bathroom. :blushing:
    This diet is NOT nutritionally sound. You are denying your body certain foods that it needs to function properly.
    It is an urban legend that people use this prior to surgery, etc. Don't mean to sound harsh:smile: but there are NO quick fixes. The only way to lose weight AND keep it off is thru proper diet and exercise. As I've said before, it's called a work out for a reason-it takes work. :bigsmile:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    My mom does this diet all the time and she NEVER keeps the weight off.

Ditto to what everyone before me has already said....
    Follow a healthy lifestyle - make smart choices. you will be so much better off in the long run.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I don't like cabbage enough to eat that and ONLY that....:laugh:
    And, I'm pretty much going to ditto what everyone else has said already.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely the worst diet I ever tried. To this day I can hardly stand cabbage.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    The best way of eating I have followed so far is the Sonoma Diet; but you have to either buy the book or join the website (I bought the book for the recipes) and the recipes are to die for. But the downside is, you really have to plan and on the weekends do all your vege chopping for the week because it uses lots of fresh veges, chopped chilis, chopped fresh garlic, etc.
  • kenzie
    kenzie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I tried this diet only a few months ago..
    If you have the willpower to last the week, you will likely drop some weight. The only problem is that it's mostly water weight, and will come back just as quick. This diet is terrible. It's nothing more than putting your body into starvation mode. I was irritable, gassy, and constantly hungry..and it wasn't worth the 7lbs that returned only a few days later. If you want a healthy, happy body, please follow your daily goals and stick to your calories. It may take a little longer to see some results, but they will be lasting, and you will be much happier knowing that you achieved a healthier weight the best way you possibly can.

Ps - By following MFP you have so many options as to what you're eating. If the cabbage soup diet's menu doesn't bother you now, just wait for a couple of days.

Best of luck to you!! :smile: