Wii Fit or EA Sports?

Options
I'm looking into purchasing either Wii Fit or EA Sports for Wii and wondered if anyone has personal preferences or experiences?

Replies

• a00link
    Options
    I haven't used EA Sports but I have had plenty of time with Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus. You can no longer get Wii Fit but that's okay since Wii Fit Plus is the entirety of that game, plus a TON of new improvements and games that are awesome. The original Wii Fit kept my attention for only a short time, making me feel like I wasted some money on the whole thing. Wii Fit Plus came out and I was a bit more into it. But when I began trying to really lose weight and get healthy, I found it to be an incredible tool.

So I'm gonna tell you right now that Wii Fit Plus is worth the money. Lately I've been doing a Free Run, then some Rhythm Boxing, and then some strength training or yoga to round out my workouts or to add to my other cardio for the day.

Four of the best features of Wii Fit Plus are the following, 1.) Calorie Counting. It tells you how many calories you've burned in the exercises. Useful along with this site. 2.) The new games are so much more fun than the original ones, plus there's a few new yoga poses and strength training exercises. 3.) The ability to weigh yourself and track more data with the game, like steps or waist. 4.) The various pre-determined short routines to focus on all sorts of things like, "Relax", or "Overindulged", or "Arms". These take three specific exercises from all the ones in the game to focus on that intent.

I use Wii Fit Plus almost daily these days and I love it. The game is a workout but it's also a lot of fun. I have my family involved too so when I do the Rhythm Boxing, I'll not only see my Mii on screen but my parents and grandfather are doing it with me. When I do a free run around the island, my dad will past by me sometimes, or sometimes owen wilson will. (I have Mii characters made for both). I have been interested into expanding into EA Sports or other titles but I haven't found the need to do so with Wii Fit Plus being what it is. But that will come down to your preferences also. Having both in the long run might even be a nice choice but again, it depends on what you need. I visit wii.ign.com often to keep up on my Nintendo hobby, so here's their links to their reviews of the games. These will give you some good gauges of what to expect.

Wii Fit Plus (current version review): http://wii.ign.com/articles/103/1031024p1.html
    Wii Fit (original version review): http://wii.ign.com/articles/875/875214p1.html
    EA Sports Active (original review): http://wii.ign.com/articles/986/986562p1.html
    EA Sports Active: More Exercises (sequel review): http://wii.ign.com/articles/104/1045124p1.html

So yeah, I really enjoy Wii Fit Plus. I'd recommend it over EA's title based on what I've played and read but I haven't personally tried the EA games. Also just to clarify, Wii Fit was the original. Wii Fit Plus is the new version and it has everything the old version has but more. So don't think you're missing anything by not having the original version because it is 110% obsolete.
  • deannada2
    Options
    Thanks for posting this question!!! I'm in the same boat as you are, and I'd have to say after researching them both but only trying the Wii Fit Plus out, I am leaning more towards the EA Active:happy:

I am basing my oppinion off of reviews I've seen on Amazon for both (that's a good starting point), and posts I've read on other discussion boards here (and of course comparing the two). It almost seems like the Wii Fit Plus has more games and is more family oriented/kid friendly as well has having the workout routines. And the EA Active seems like it sticks to more adult exersizes with not as many fun games like the snowboarding. I'm curious to see what other people have to say here, because like I said, I haven't gotten to use the EA Active yet. :ohwell:
  • JPriceGA
    JPriceGA Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    EA Active is very different - it's more like having a personal trainer doing exercises with you rather than games per se. Some of the exercises are game like - such as rollerblading, but they still are more like traditional exercise than say, the balance games in the Wii. I've had a harder time with EA Active being responsive to the movements of the controller, which can be a bit frustrating.
  • rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I love the EA Sports.its much differt from the others.:smile:
  • a00link
    Options
    Wii Fit does have a grouping of balance games that more or less help with balance and posture instead of typical exercise, but you can't forget about the 9 original aerobic exercises, the fifteen new mixed balance/aerobic exercises, over 20 yoga poses and over 20 strength training exercises. It definitely isn't just about balance.
  • a00link
    Options
    Correction, there are 18 strength training and 18 yoga exercises. My bad. I thought it was like 21 or 22 originally.
  • dpenny
    Options
    Wii Fit is the best of the two but it depends on what you are wanting to do and how much movement you are willing to do.
  • bgeeke
    Options
    Great feedback! Thanks all!