Being on the pill.

Options
How does everyone feel about diet pills, especially those not approved by the FDA. I know that my first week I was taking two green tea pills a day, and lost 3 pounds with diet and exercise. This past week I was forced to ween off of them because I ran out and decided not to buy anymore. I lost 2 pounds. I just wanted to know what everyone thought about them, their experiences with them and any reccommendations.

Replies

• now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Personally I think they are a waste of money.

Why risk hurting your body when you can lose weight without the pills?
  • caramel1920
    caramel1920 Posts: 271
    Options
    In 2004 my friends and I went in together and ordered Phentermine online (dangerous, because as we later found out they were expired) anyway, I lost 85lbs over the course of that year! I kept the weight off for about two years and then I started grad school and over the course of the next three years every single ounce of the weight came back and then some! I stress ate, stopped working out and it all came back! Now I'm in my 30s and losing weight is more and more difficult and having to make permanent changes so I can be my helthiest is the most important! If you want temporary loss, then take the pills, but if you want a lifetime of health and happiness then do it the old fashioned, SLOW way! It will definitely be worth it in the end! I hope sharing my story helped, I wouldn't wish this on anybody, I hate being fat and I hate even more that I lost weight and gained it all back, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy! You can do it!:flowerforyou:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Diet pills aren't "the pill", just FYI.

I don't see the point. If you rely on diet pills to curb your appetite, what's going to happen when you stop taking them?
  • TaylorJadey
    Options
    Diet pills aren't "the pill", just FYI.

I don't see the point. If you rely on diet pills to curb your appetite, what's going to happen when you stop taking them?

Hahah I'm fully aware of the terminology. Forgive me for being a journalism major but I'm a sucker for attention grabbing titles.

To everyone else. Thank you for you comments, I found them truly helpful.
  • RayRay1500
    RayRay1500 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I will say a lot of people bash Phentermine. If you take it, under a doctors care, it is ok. It intended for obese people who need help with appetite suppressant until you get used to eating smaller amounts of food. That it what it is intended for. It is habit forming, so long term use is not recommended.