New Here

Options
Hello all,

I'm new here just starting a diet and finding out that 1700 calories is really hard to stick to and stay full! Especially when you're used to eating 3000+ a day. Anyone have any suggestions? Or will this get easier as I get used to the diet?

Replies

• Lindaendall
    Lindaendall Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi there - drink plenty of water and try to eat smaller meals throughout the day instead of a couple of large meals. If you can split your cals into 3 main meals, a morning snack and afternoon tea snack it should help. It will get 'easier' as your stomache gets used to the smaller amount of foods but it will NEVER get 'easy'.

You are doing the right thing by joining MFP - it is always easier when you have great friends supporting you along the way....good luck :flowerforyou:

Linda
  • jwilson80121
    jwilson80121 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I guess I just never realized how much food I've gotten used to eating. I was very active a few years ago and could almost eat whatever I wanted (at one point I was at 6000 calories a day and losing weight), but I got hurt and lost motivation to exercise, and kept eating how I was. Hopefully all goes well.
  • lanie37
    lanie37 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    If you are careful and look at what calories you are eating it is possible. I have been doing this a week now and havent come anywhere close to going over my daily intake.
  • Jacci1214
    Jacci1214 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I find that splitting your calories through out the day works great!!!! For example: as for myself my daily calorie is 1400 : bkft = 400, lunch 400, dinner 400 and snack 200. hopes this helps. Hang in there and remember to take one day at a time one meal at a time you can do it!!!
  • blowsfire
    blowsfire Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    howdy
  • Tall_E
    Tall_E Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Eating five times a day really works to keep your blood sugar level which reduces cravings and hunger pains. Also eat LOTS of fresh fruits and veggies and whole grains as these things are higher in fiber, lower in calories and will keep you feeling fuller longer. Be careful not to drink high calorie beverages - water is your best bet, especially if you drink it between meals and not with meals.

You can do this. Get lots of MFP pals and hang in there. It does get easier the further you go.

Best wishes!
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    I'm a large guy and I went from over 3,000 to now generally under 1,500 (I have an open profile, feel free to take a look at my food, etc). I found once I did 3 things I am no longer hungry.

1. I eat 5 or more times a day. Eating 200-300 calorie foods in between Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
    2. I greatly increased my veggies. I can eat 3 cups of mixed veggies for right around 100+ calories. Eating 3 cups of anything fills you up nicely. And, to boot it's a healthy full!!!
    3. I doubled my protein, I try to eat at least 160 grams per day.

For the past 2 weeks or so I haven't really ever been hungry, so give it a try!
  • jwilson80121
    jwilson80121 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I greatly increased my veggies. I can eat 3 cups of mixed veggies for right around 100+ calories. Eating 3 cups of anything fills you up nicely. And, to boot it's a healthy full!!!

That made me laugh, and actually sounds pretty good. I haven't had a chance to go shopping yet, think I will tonight or tomorrow, and get a bunch of veggies and fruits and stuff that will help out. Right now the only food we have isn't really good for you so I majorly cut back what I ate yesterday and today so far, and I swear I could eat my weight in food right now >.<