Sugar Intake

Options
I notice that most days my sugar is way higher than MFP recommends. I don't drink a lot of soda and I use Splenda instead of real sugar. Does the MFP community have any tips on lowering sugar?

Replies

• now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I tend to go over mine all the time as well.

Fruit is loaded with sugar which is a reason why some people limit it to a certain amount per day.

I don't eat a lot of processed sugars so I don't really mind that I'm over most days.
  • megantron3691
    Options
    That makes sense. Thanks for the feedback!
  • EveyRose
    EveyRose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I go over mine all the time and have stopped using sugar in my coffee and try to only have one soda a day, but sugar pops up in almost every food. I had no idea there was sugar in milk until I started using mfp. I'm still looking for a way to reduce my sugars but I want to keep it natural due to the chemicals in most of the artificial sweeteners, so I'm kinda stuck on hwo do i do that?
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I am always over mostly because of fruit, milk products, and honey. I know it's all still sugar just a mental note of where it comes from. I just try to make sure that the processed sugar number is lower than the daily goal.