For the gamers: Steam sale?

Options
cardiokitten
cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
Anyone else anxiously awaiting for the summer sale? I want some new ridiculously cheap games! Let's get a move on it!

Also, relevant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIbxPVHJEw8

Replies

• Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I think I own everything on Steam at this point, but I'm willing to allow another sale to prove me otherwise.
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I think I own everything on Steam at this point, but I'm willing to allow another sale to prove me otherwise.

I'm also gonna need more of those $2 games that I'll buy and literally never even install, lol
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I'm also gonna need more of those $2 games that I'll buy and literally never even install, lol
    I usually install them but then I'll play for an evening and be done with it. Still, for $2...
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    For $2 even if you don't wind up playing it... same as the kindle books Amazon offers daily for free, sure some of them aren't necessarily of interest but when they're free or for a penny or two, when the print version is $25.... sure I'll take some freebies even if I don't think I'd normally read that.
  • diemodemdie
    Options
    I think they're witholding it for several reasons.

1. It's been in the 90s for the past week or so throughout the country, but Valve is in NW Washington, where it has remained cool. They still think it's spring.
    2. Gabe wants us to spend quality time with our families on the 4th of July and won't release it until after that.
    3. They're actually trolling us at will be releasing Half-Life 3.
  • Genem30
    Options
    Legendary is $1.69 on Steam right now, I like that game in spite of itself.
  • Rixx31
    Rixx31 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for Skyrim to drop to about $30.
    There may be some cool weather for a few more weeks in Hades before that happens though...Unless they gave a 4th July sale, of course...
  • Genem30
    Options
    I'm waiting for Skyrim to drop to about $30.
    There may be some cool weather for a few more weeks in Hades before that happens though...Unless they gave a 4th July sale, of course...

You missed it, Newegg had Skyrim for $29.99 shipped on all platforms a week or so ago. You should set up a deal alert on slickdeals.net for 'skyrim', I've seen it at $30 or under a few times, and since it's a Steam game, it still registers on Steam if it's a retail version.

If only everyone could live in my head and know things.